MMS wont play video

ForeverInOur

Reaction score
i started a thread in the bugless beast custom rom section, so i dont know if that can be moved here. but my mms video hasnt worked for a long time really. even with different ROMs, etc. the response i got was to:
download mms.apk, put it in the system/app/ folder, replace the old one, do permissions and restart. Still doesnt play video. no sound, i see a picture, and i see the timeline moving. is it a codec issue?

bekyndnunwind

Reaction score
My MMS have never played since I switched to BB on 0.7...

I like BB too much to switch though and have just been living with it like this. If there is any way to make them play I would love to hear!

Methos

Reaction score
i started a thread in the bugless beast custom rom section, so i dont know if that can be moved here. but my mms video hasnt worked for a long time really. even with different ROMs, etc. the response i got was to:
download mms.apk, put it in the system/app/ folder, replace the old one, do permissions and restart. Still doesnt play video. no sound, i see a picture, and i see the timeline moving. is it a codec issue?
I have the same problem...anybody have a fix?

OP
F

ForeverInOur

Reaction score
i got it to work with Froyo roms, jrummy, etc. there was no mms.apk "fix". wiped data, tried a different rom, worked.