Motorola DROID 3 XT860.. considered 3g or 4g? HELP

centralterm

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new/temporary DROID user so I apologize if this is a rookie question.. There is no Motorola store in my area or else I would just take it there and inquire. Anyway.

I have a unlocked DROID3 XT860 that I have temporarily been using and am unaware of whether or not it is considered a 3g or a 4g. I don't use internet on it, and am generally pretty unaware of technical specs. I am looking to resell it and don't want to falsely advertise it's capability but can't seem to figure this out. I asked a friend who said it was "3g with 4g capability".. is this an accurate assessment? Is it depending on the carrier you use the phone with?

thanks in advance!

Hey, thanks!

I guess that leaves me with another question.. I always for some reason assumed that this phone was a 3g, but when I received it, it was originally operating under BELL until I unlocked it. I suppose there' s a very good chance of it being the 4g version. Are there any physical differences between the 3g and 4g, or something I can look at in the settings of the phone to determine which mine is?

3g
1.png

Hey, thanks!

I guess that leaves me with another question.. I always for some reason assumed that this phone was a 3g, but when I received it, it was originally operating under BELL until I unlocked it. I suppose there' s a very good chance of it being the 4g version. Are there any physical differences between the 3g and 4g, or something I can look at in the settings of the phone to determine which mine is?
The Droid 4 is the 4g version of it. It's basically a Razr with a keyboard and a slightly smaller screen iirc.

Again, that's just a Droid 3 with a HSPA+ capable radio. HSPA+ is a bit faster than 3g, but nowhere near the speeds of 4g LTE.

Back