Motorola Officially Unveils the Moto X Style Smartphone: Called the Moto X Pure Edition in US

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Matter of personal opinion I suppose. I use my Note 4 one handed so often that I barely use the s pen anymore & can't remember the last time I felt like I was juggling.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What I am very curious to see first hand is all the cool new Moto features that they put into Moto Assist, Touch less Controls, Active Display, Driving Mode, Connect, etc. Ever since these were introduced with the Ultra / Maxx and Moto X 2013 they only became better with the 2014 models. I hope they added more cool features and usability to these key apps & functions.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
5.7" is still a BIG phone even if they reduced the bezels a couple mm. 5.2" is the absolute largest screen I'd want if there were no bezel.
The Moto X Play would be a good choice but I don't know if or when it's coming to the US. The Moto G sounds like a good choice as well, but I know you'd rather have a flagship device at that size. Which I can understand, it sucks having to settle on something lower tier to get what you want.

on the move..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like that they added controls to the Moto Display. They've evolved their features well I think.

on the move..

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I can almost palm a basketball (actually, I can palm new ones with good grip)....I like to use my phone with one-hand, comfortably, without performing complex juggling acts.

Makes sense. I can palm a basketball easily and I think the 5.5 OnePlus One is the PERFECT fit for my own hand. That's just over .25 smaller than the N6 which is a hair too big to be barely comfortable for ME. I can see how another .25 below the OPO's size would be comfortable to you with hands that are a tad smaller.

On a side note I got a custom ultrasuede back made for me by SlickWraps on my N6 a few weeks ago. Absolutely AWESOME. The grip on my phone is incredible now.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yeah, 5.7 is a little too big for me as well.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I have the Nexus 6, but only after they dropped the price. I would prefer the new Moto X, at 5.7", and $399 than the Nexus 6, at 5.9 and $499".

HOWEVER, if I can't unlock the bootloader on new the Moto X or root the thing, then Moto X Play who???? It's dead to me. o_O

Unlocked and Rooted all the way.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
And here is a huge LOL

With all the talk about microSD cards, being told to get over it, get with the times, they're being phased out by all manufacturers. On several different Android Facebook pages being called a moron, idiot, etc.

And here is Moto including it in a 2015 flagship, oh the hilarity!

"But, but, but...it's old tech I want it to go awayyyyyyyyy! I want to be like iSheep and take what 'they' say I should have!"

L.O.L.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nice job Moto.. I'm sticking with my unlocked Nexus.. y'all need to get that other hand out the pockets and use them phones.. lmao
GO BIG OR GO HOME,.... hehe
great to have options and SD card with nice battery and screen.. good size is a winner for sure..

Tapped by NexusSix

mach330

Reaction score
If the camera is very good I'm getting this. I like all the specs so far especially with ext sd card and big battery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grrouchie

Reaction score
And here i was just debating between G4 or S6edge or note 5. I'd love to go back to moto. My favorite phones have all been moto.