Motorola Releases its list of phones to get Nougat

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Android-Nought.jpg

Motorola announced yesterday which of their devices are going to get Nougat. Of course, the Moto Z's are on the list, the latest G's, and the Nexus 6. I was surprised to see the Maxx 2 on this list. Sadly, no Turbo 1 which still looks like it may be left on Lollipop?

Source: Motorola Blog

Thays sad..thebt1 should atleast get M...typical moto...

That's a pretty decent list of phones getting Nougat. Not too shabby at all. I wonder how that list stacks up against other major manufacturers?

Thanks for sharing Pere!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Turbo will never see M. So Sad!

After the severe decrease in battery life I experienced with Nougat on my 6P, I won't be rushing to update my Z when it becomes available.

While I don't use my 6P as a daily driver - I am just the opposite, can't wait to get it on my Z Force.

How much of a battery drain did you see @Jonny Kansas ?

Significant. @Mustang02 and @popcenator had similar experiences. I know that Mustang, for sure, flashed M back onto his phones. (6p and 5x). I think Pop might've done the same.

I enjoyed everything else about the update, but if I hadn't gotten the deal on the Z that I did, I probably would've flashed back to M as well.

I'm talking, relatively the same daily usage. On M, there'd be those periods of a battery line that's almost flat. Let's say, while the phone's in my pocket and I'm sitting stationary at my desk at work. On N, that same line would steadily drop under the same conditions. Battery draining while the phone was just sitting there.

There's also a Google issue tracker thread that I've been following on the same issue that claims it was reported back in Dev Preview 3 of Nougat, a Reddit thread where they've done some very in-depth testing and tracking, and I notice that the Nexus Twitter account blew up yesterday with complaints of poor battery life after they tweeted that Google wasn't abandoning Nexus devices and would continue to support them.

The latest nougat security update seems to do a better job with battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The latest nougat security update seems to do a better job with battery life.

September? I had worse. Back on MM

September? I had worse. Back on MM

I think Google snuck an updated September security patch onto the developer site, which is where I've been getting the updates. I had one update downloaded, and the one posted had a different md5 than the one I downloaded. The second one I downloaded actually showed signs of doze actually doing its job where the first one did not. I'm on the October security update now and am having no drain issues as well.

I think Google snuck an updated September security patch onto the developer site, which is where I've been getting the updates. I had one update downloaded, and the one posted had a different md5 than the one I downloaded. The second one I downloaded actually showed signs of doze actually doing its job where the first one did not. I'm on the October security update now and am having no drain issues as well.

Oh crap. Looks like I'm flashing nougat again.

Hahahaha! You want me to fire up my 6p & let it sit overnight to verify first?

Wait. I forgot. You like to torture yourself...

Sent from my Moto Z

Hahahaha! You want me to fire up my 6p & let it sit overnight to verify first?

Wait. I forgot. You like to torture yourself...

Sent from my Moto Z
Who doesn't like a little pain?

Back