Motorola's Shamu (Nexus 6/X) Shows Off for the Camera in Leaked Shot

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexus-6-Shamu-photo-leak.jpg

We recently showed off what is supposedly a leaked image of the Motorola made Shamu phone, which is likely to be either the Nexus 6 or the Nexus X. While that was our first good look at the device, it was still only a rendered press shot, and it wasn't even finalized either.

Of course, it's a brand new day, and frequently that means a brand new leak, which is the case today. The above image is a real device instead of a press render. It is definitely a Motorola phone that looks very similar to the leak we saw previously. Also, it now includes the Motorola logo, and someone has taped the name "Shamu" to the back., which suggests it is quite likely a final version of the actual Motorola Nexus smartphone.

Overall, it's a pretty good looking device, although quite massive. It is even sitting next to an LG G3 which gives it excellent scale. This phone will probably please the phablet crowd immensely. What are your thoughts?

Source: AndroidCentral

Agree. TOO BIG. #Fail
Just because Sammy had some success with giant phones really doesn't mean that's what the hard core techie people want. Y'know... the ones that will buy a Nexus.

That's a shaquil O'Neal phone. I think I'll pass, but I do wonder how it will hold up in a "bend" test :)

Too big NOT to fail...haha

I'm really hoping for a high-powered mini version.

Still Smaller than the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. Specs are nice though. Still Waiting on the Note 4.

I've been waiting for a Moto Nexus forever and now that it is out, I'm disappointed. This is way too big. I'm glad I just picked up a Droid Maxx Dev Edition a few days ago.

I'm really hoping for a high-powered mini version.

Agreed.

Unless Google swaps the back plate later during production I do not see that being a Nexus. Maybe a Google Play Device but not a Nexus. It do not have the Nexus design language at all and this time last year when we saw "leaks" of the Nexus 5 it clearly had the Nexus plate. Google is not going to go away from their design language especially since they kept that same language since the Nexus One. It is what sets a nexus apart from other brand devices. Of course I could end up being wrong but the devices looks too much like a Moto X for moto to hand it over to Google, especially so soon after the new X release.

You may be on to something @pc747. It will be interesting to see what happens in October.

Last edited:
Unless Google swaps the back plate later during production I do not see that being a Nexus. Maybe a Google Play Device but not a Nexus. It do not have the Nexus design language at all and this time last year when we saw "leaks" of the Nexus 5 it clearly had the Nexus plate. Google is not going to go away from their design language especially since they kept that same language since the Nexus One. It is what sets a nexus apart from other brand devices. Of course I could end up being wrong but the devices looks too much like a Moto X for moto to hand it over to Google, especially so soon after the new X release.
First, Xplus.

Second, I have to agree with you fully. Even without taking design language into consideration, Google knows the market. I heard a figure somewhere while I was checking out the Note 4 that phablets make up only about 20% of the market, which is expected to increase, but I can't see them making a nexus phablet at this time anyway, let alone one that strays so far off the nexus path in other aspects...

Again, I could be just as wrong as you, but I don't see this being a nexus device. Time will tell.

Back