Multiple Sms messages

Antob125

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing receiving multiple Sms messages. If so does anyone know how to fix it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

duplicating messages

Are you using Handcent? Had that problem initially and someone said to update Handcent to latest version. At the same time I installed a program called "Anti SMS Bomber" hich said it would fight that issue. One time it actually kicked in and said it was eliminating duplicate message. Don't know if it was that or updated Handcent, or something else I don't even know about but haven't had a duplicate now in weeks.

Had that problem. I rebooted the phone and stopped. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Are you using Handcent? Had that problem initially and someone said to update Handcent to latest version. At the same time I installed a program called "Anti SMS Bomber" hich said it would fight that issue. One time it actually kicked in and said it was eliminating duplicate message. Don't know if it was that or updated Handcent, or something else I don't even know about but haven't had a duplicate now in weeks.

That is a good idea. Is this app free? I might have to try that out.

Tappin and talkin on my DROIDX

I have had this problem since my OG Droid. I thought it was just the phone so I ignored it, but it followed me to the Droid X2....VZW even sent me another brand new one. The issue still persists despite 5-6 calls to them. The worst so far has been 14 of the same message, but most of the time it is 3-4 duplicates.

They finally sent a ticket to their network engineers back on 6/17, no word from them since.

And for those that say i should just get the Anti-SMS bomber....why? I want the issue fixed, not put a bandaid on it.

Same problem... Im using stock messaging and receiving and sending dupes. My phone also likes to send an old message when it reboots... It's sent messages at 3 in the morning. Most annoying thing ever...I NEED a fix! Help?

I have this problem only when receiving messages.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Verizon keeps telling me it is either an app I am running or the phone itself. Well, this is the 2nd X2, and I just did a factory reset last night and the only thing I have installed is Pandora. They can't say nothing when it happens again! lol

Getting my 3rd replacement tomorrow

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

IMO it might have something to do with the stock ROM. I get around 5-6 copies of every message with the stock messaging. It's really annoying. I'll try rebooting.

MOD edit- watch the language

Last edited by a moderator:
I get this on my phone too sometimes. I thought it was because I have SyncSMS so I can send SMS messages from my Xoom, guess its not.

Rebooting does fix it, but its not a permanent fix.

Rebooting does not fix it. Verizon it's just denying that there is a problem. It is happening to the stock app also, so can't blame handcent.

Back