Music streamed to car

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just got a new car and its bluetooth seems to be able to stream audio/music files direct from my Rez through the car stereo. That is too cool.

Yeah I was able to do this with my Bionic when I test drove a new Jeep. Definitely high tech... Currently I have to use some mediocre fm transmitter... But, like you said, whatever works.

Only problem I've had with streaming music form my phone is when I have a weak network signal, the blue toothe drops and disconnects from the stereo.

Yeah, I use to have a BT transmitter instead, but it had the same problem. Sure it didn't happen TOO often, and it was extremely convenient having the music start and stop right where I left off the minute I start my car without having to plug in or anything, buuuuuut I just couldn't get over it when I had a perfectly good FM transmitter that didn't have that problem. Only issue I have with this is a) the cord from the transmitter to the phone is a bit short and b) if someone else is using the same station as me, I'll pick up what they're listening to until I pass by. Kind of cool and funny actually, but some people might not like it...

I use this lol. My car is olddd. I could use an FM transmitter but this is cheaper and the quality is way better.

OFdUz.jpg

Just got a new car and its bluetooth seems to be able to stream audio/music files direct from my Rez through the car stereo. That is too cool.

I couldn't get my Rezound stream music to my 2011 Prius through Bluetooth. I can only use the BT for taking calls.
I couldn't do that for my Droid either... though it was the issue of Android.

I use this lol. My car is olddd. I could use an FM transmitter but this is cheaper and the quality is way better.

OFdUz.jpg
Since my 2000 Jeep GC has both CD and cassette, this is also what I use. Interesting to hear that the quality is better than BT. I was wondering which was better.

Interesting to hear that the quality is better than BT. I was wondering which was better.
Yeah I was surprised how clear the audio was via the tape adapter the first time I used it. FM transmitters experience too much static from power lines/other cars with their own FM transmitters/signal bleed from local FM stations. The tape adapter sounds great, doesn't require power, and costs around $5-10 compared to $60+ for an FM transmitter.

No brainer, really.

Personally I didn't really notice a difference in quality between any of the 3, however when it comes to stability the tape adapter definitely wins. I hardly ever have bleed through issues with the transmitter, but it can happen on occasion, and only with other cars. The way I see it, that means they'll get to hear my music too, and I'm always down to share good music and spread the word :p

Back