My Droid is no longer pushing email?

stanwelks

Reaction score
It is no longer pushing my gmail (I have to refresh it), my exchange email and my Yahoo! mail. I checked the settings and it is still set to Push for exchange and check every 5 minutes for Yahoo!

Any ideas?

Did you accidentally turn off Sync? Settings | Accounts & Sync -- make sure Background Data and Auto-Sync are both checked, and your account(s) are set to Sync GMail...

If that doesn't work, try a reboot.

Did you accidentally turn off Sync? Settings | Accounts & Sync -- make sure Background Data and Auto-Sync are both checked, and your account(s) are set to Sync GMail...

If that doesn't work, try a reboot.

a-ha :) Simple oversight and answer. Generally I've found this is how I create/fix problems!

I will try and reboot and pull the battery later, I can't now because I am waiting for calls.

I just checked settings and Auto-sync was not checked though Background data is. I did not un-check it.

Is this required to sync data? Does it affect anything else? Just want to make sure before I change something else.

Thanks!

I will try and reboot and pull the battery later, I can't now because I am waiting for calls.

I just checked settings and Auto-sync was not checked though Background data is. I did not un-check it.

Is this required to sync data? Does it affect anything else? Just want to make sure before I change something else.

Thanks!
Auto-sync is needed for your e-mail to be pushed to your phone

Thanks!
Auto-sync is needed for your e-mail to be pushed to your phone

Yup -- check Auto-Sync, and your problem should be solved.

Thanks guys. No idea how it got unchecked....hmmm....

Thanks guys. No idea how it got unchecked....hmmm....
Stuff like this happens to me frequently. You browse thru settings and your finger just happens to touch a check box, you exit out, not realizing it, since you had no intention of changing anything, and you end up with an issue. Nice thing is they're easy fixes :icon_ banana:

Back