New LTE off Switch For Thunderbolt

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
lteoff.jpg

Every Thunderbolt owner knows how incredibly fast the battery on the new device dies when on an LTE connection, and with no easy way to turn off this feature, a new developer just released an app for it. The good guys over at TeamAndIRC just pushed out an application that gives you a simple way to toggle your LTE on an off when you need it. This isn’t a super sexy application, just made to get the job done, and get it done quickly.

Source: LTE onOFF brings an easy way to turn off 4G on your Thunderbolt | Android Central

<3

Now my battery will last for more than 14 hours.

14 hours? What do you do? Leave it in your pocket?:) I'm lucky to get 8-9 hours without a charge. But I do think I use my phone fairly heavily.

On topic, this is great news. Gonna try it out now.

Idle question... Does a tbolt try to connect LTE in a 3G-only area? If I get one before LTE is turned up in my area, do I need to be concerned about this?

when I do this will I still be able to use data and talk at the same time? I am not in a 4g area but noticed when messing with them in the past it would not let me access data when on the phone

Voice and data will not work simultaneously on VZW's 3G network, regardless of the device you have.

when I do this will I still be able to use data and talk at the same time? I am not in a 4g area but noticed when messing with them in the past it would not let me access data when on the phone

Yes. And you can always, you know, try it.

Voice and data will not work simultaneously on VZW's 3G network, regardless of the device you have.

Please do more research before making comments. The TB does have the ability to do voice and data on VZW's 3G network simultaneously. This has been confirmed by many, many people.

Josh

Please do more research before making comments. The TB does have the ability to do voice and data on VZW's 3G network simultaneously. This has been confirmed by many, many people.

Josh

I can vouch for this. We even have voice and data after the network switch following issues with eHRPD connections. I've never been on LTE and have voice and data all the time. How do u think I get through the calls with my wife ;-)

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Just curious...

Does it bother anyone that you have to disable 4G, the big 'feature' of the TB, in order to get acceptable battery life?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just find this absurd that you folks have to do this to prolong battery life.

Josh

Oh, I'm sorry, Josh. Everything I've read.about the CDMA network has stated that voice and data won't work at the same time. I didn't mean to offend. Guess that is all the more reason to want a tbolt!

You might wanna loosen those a bit... They seem to have bunched up on ya...

Just curious...

Does it bother anyone that you have to disable 4G, the big 'feature' of the TB, in order to get acceptable battery life?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just find this absurd that you folks have to do this to prolong battery life.
Was thinking the same

Are the speeds of LTE (and the new over-priced tiered data plans) even worth it if it creates such a battery drain that you have to disable it to get it through the work-day, let alone the actual day?

I mean, its great that its fast and all, but if it can only hold a 8 hour charge with minimal use, it seems like that 'feature' is more of a bug than a benefit.

Back