New Update For 2014 Moto X?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am travelling on a business trip right now and my wife's phone prompted her to install a new software update today. I'm sure it's a valid update, just wasn't expecting anything new for that phone right now....no rumors lately. It is already on Lollipop 5.1, so I am not sure what this update is. I can't find any info on-line for a new update to the 2014 Moto X. Anyone else receive an update prompt recently? Any idea what this update is?

You're still on Verizon right? If so, it's probably just a maintenance update.

Yes, still on big red. That's kind of what I figured. Just can't find anything about it online. Normally there is some info somewhere, especially here on DF. :) I told her to delay & wait for now. If something goes wrong and a FDR is needed, would rather wait until I am home to help. As most of us know, even the smallest maintenance update can sometimes cause issues that require a FDR. I was just curious to know that this update brings. It may be 5.1.1, a stagefright fix, or some other random update. Or.....her phone was accidentally tagged as a tester in some Moto test, it happens sometimes.

Back