New Verizon Update 24.14.16

I got it yesterday on my new phone. I thought it might be new, but don't recall anyone saying that here. Only because of the changelog, and I know this was a problem after the last update:

Fixes for charging issues.

My battery seems like it's holding a better charge (could that be?) I'll know for certain with an uninterrupted day of use tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I got it yesterday on my new phone. I thought it might be new, but don't recall anyone saying that here. Only because of the changelog, and I know this was a problem after the last update:

Fixes for charging issues.
Nah, you got it first, Pere. Last night, right? Your phone luck is changing

Yesterday afternoon actually. But you posted it first. And had you not, I would have assumed it was just a patch this new phone had missed. So you really brought it to our attention. #win

Yesterday afternoon actually. But you posted it first. And had you not, I would have assumed it was just a patch this new phone had missed. So you really brought it to our attention. #win

You mean I actually contributed something useful? Sweet!

Can anyone explain the charging issue that this is supposed to fix? My wife and I have not noticed any problems with our DT2's.

Turbo Charging stopped working for some people. This fixes that. A factory reset fixed it too which most people did.

Turbo Charging stopped working for some people. This fixes that. A factory reset fixed it too which most people did.

For some , a FDR did not fix it. Like my wife's phone. I had to have it replaced. But the process was not too painful and the Moto tech reps were awesome.

Can anyone explain the charging issue that this is supposed to fix? My wife and I have not noticed any problems with our DT2's.
As Pere stated, some folks had issues after the Marshmallow update where their phone would no longer recognize the Turbo charger (or any USB charger) and would actually drain while plugged in. Most experts said it was bad hardware and the timing was just a coincidence that it happened around the Marshmallow update time. My wife's phone was one of those affected, and would not charge using any USB charger. I had to use wireless charging for a while before it was replaced. Since this update states that it resolves charging issues, there must have been some software aspect to the issue and it was not just bad hardware

So did anybody having charging issues get this update and did it fix the issue.

I just got the update on my wife's phone which has only been able to charge wirelessly since the Marshmallow update.

Haven't had time to mess with it yet but had it plugged into the factory charger with the battery at 30% and it went up 2% in 20 minutes but still no Turbo Charge. I suppose at least wiping the cache is in order and go from there.

So did anybody having charging issues get this update and did it fix the issue.

I just got the update on my wife's phone which has only been able to charge wirelessly since the Marshmallow update.

Haven't had time to mess with it yet but had it plugged into the factory charger with the battery at 30% and it went up 2% in 20 minutes but still no Turbo Charge. I suppose at least wiping the cache is in order and go from there.
I don't think it fixes the issue if your phone is already affected, I think in that case the only answer is to get a replacement phone through warranty. My guess is that part if this update is to ensure it doesn't happen again, along with Bluetooth and WiFi bug fixes.

Dann Sojokaz why'd you have to bust my bubble. :(:D

I was hoping to not have to go through all that.

I'll have to try plugging it in when we're both home and see what happens.

Back