News and Weather Widget

nailerdog

Reaction score
As everyone is, I'm new to the TB. Came from a Droid X that I had running on Rubix. One of my favorite widgets was the "news and weather" widget. I could size it as I wanted and make it fit on my home screen as desired. Loved the scrolling news information and various catagories to choose from. I could select weather or no weather information.

Is there a way to load this on the TB? I would love to have it.

Thanks

nateccnn

Reaction score
I looked for it and can't find it in the market. Too many tv stations advertising their own widgets I got tired of scrolling through them all. Bummer..cuz I really liked that app.

The installed weather app sucks...can't even find the city of sparks Nevada.

Nate

OP
N

nailerdog

Reaction score
For weather I use Weatherbug Elite and like it a lot. I really want the news only widget from "news and weather" that I used previously in my Rubix load on the X. I'm wondering if we need to be AOSP to use it?

Can someone chime in?

OP
N

nailerdog

Reaction score
Yes, that is the one I was looking for. Thanks.

I downloaded it, moved it to the SD card and loaded it with Astro. When I attempt to open it force closes. Actually never opens. Bummer.

Anyone know of a version tht will run on the TB?

TechJPC

Reaction score
I'm trying to do the same on My X because my rom was missing it and I get the fc too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
N

nailerdog

Reaction score
It was on my Rubix ROM and I was very happy to get it back. Does anyone understand why it won't run on the TB or stock X?

techguru

Reaction score
@natey2 that one force closes on the thunderbolt as well. I have not been able to find a compatible version yet. Kind of bums me out, although on previous phones (DX and Dinc) this widget has seemed to be a battery eater.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
I've got a transparent version from some talented themers on this very site running on mine just fine. Remove the .zip from the end and install with astro or the like.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I've got a transparent version from some talented themers on this very site running on mine just fine. Remove the .zip from the end and install with astro or the like.
Did you do anything else to it? I just get a message saying it didn't install.

Last edited: