Not coming out tomorrow?

Breakerbaker

Reaction score
A couple of reports have indicated that the DROID 4 was on target (at least for a while) to launch on December 22. Since that happens to be tomorrow and we have yet to hear a peep from either Verizon or Motorola, is it safe to assume that it’s not coming this week? We have been surprised in the past, but there isn’t even an ounce of buzz coming from any of the stores. Sorry folks, looks like your days of a physical keyboard, dual-core processor and 4G LTE are going to have to wait.

In randomly related news, we have heard 2-3 times now that the device could have been pushed back to February. By no means do I know what to think about that date (or even if I believe it), but we were starting to wonder how Verizon was planning to sell through inventory of this phone, the Nexus, RAZR and Rezound. You can imagine that stock rooms are going to fill up with 3 out of the 4.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

B-Unit

Reaction score
700,000 Android activations a day if you believe the hype, have to believe there is enuf of that pie for 4 hot phones.

Axium

Reaction score
Look at the nexus.. kinda released out of the blue lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Verizon never gives you all the information so anything is possible.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look at the nexus.. kinda released out of the blue lol.

However, it was still announced the night before.. starting to look like this might not happen. =/ I hope so though, I wanna play with it.

JCDenton771

Reaction score
However, it was still announced the night before.. starting to look like this might not happen. =/ I hope so though, I wanna play with it.

I don't understand why it wouldn't be, it is obviously ready to go and is already being tested. Unless this is the droid bionic 2 it should not be delayed until February.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why it wouldn't be, it is obviously ready to go and is already being tested. Unless this is the droid bionic 2 it should not be delayed until February.

Well, droid life is reprints summit that this thing may not be released until february.

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Well, droid life is reprints summit that this thing may not be released until february.

Well don't you find it a little strange that droid-life is the only website that has any word of this? If you google droid 4 all the other sites say that it will come out tomorrow or at least relatively soon. Droid-life might just be trying to make us buy a nexus so they have more viewers.....

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well don't you find it a little strange that droid-life is the only website that has any word of this? If you google droid 4 all the other sites say that it will come out tomorrow or at least relatively soon. Droid-life might just be trying to make us buy a nexus so they have more viewers.....

Woah, auto correct killed my last post.

And idk, Droid life originally was one of the first sites to report the 8th and 22nd as release dates so I'm not sure. Its weird that droiddoes.com had the Droid 4 up for a little bit too if its not even gonna be released for another 2months. I'm hoping they're wrong.

JCDenton771

Reaction score
Woah, auto correct killed my last post.

And idk, Droid life originally was one of the first sites to report the 8th and 22nd as release dates so I'm not sure. Its weird that droiddoes.com had the Droid 4 up for a little bit too if its not even gonna be released for another 2months. I'm hoping they're wrong.

I really hope they are wrong as well. Maybe I'll go bother a Verizon employee tomorrow lol

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Maybe they don't want to release another 4G phone while the network is marginal, too often. My wife has been waiting for a phone with a slider, liking the Razr though.

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just to add fuel to the fire..Radioshack dropped the D3 price 50 bucks this afternoon....

demarco5

Reaction score
i take it if the phone is not able to be ordered at midnight then tomorrow is 0% chance?