[Official] "I got my Nexus 6P!" Thread

Feel in the hand vs Note 4:

I like the 6P better. They're almost exactly the same width.

They're both similar with the chamfered edges, but I think it's funny that reviews have made such a mention of how the sides of the 6P are straight. To me, they actually feel almost slightly rounded compared to the Note. Though the back of the Note 4 is slightly curved, the sides of the 6P seem to just blend right in to the curve of the back, giving it a very comfortable feel.

I also like the smooth back vs the fake leather of the Note 4's plastic back. Obviously, the metal construction feels more sturdy.

I'm still getting used to the volume rocker being in the same side as the power button. This is mostly noticed when playing games in landscape mode, when you're likely to want to adjust the volume quick in the course of a game. Just a matter of muscle memory. At the same time, it didn't take me long to get used to the back button being on the left on the 6P instead of the right. After using the 6P for just over a day, I was helping my wife setup the Note for herself & was having trouble remembering the back button is on the right there.

I also had trouble remembering that the regents button on the Note is a menu button on the s4 that she had previously.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

It's weird how a phone this large will give a different perspective on your old devices. Just a month ago I was using the 2013 Moto X, which made my G2 that I also used feel big competitively. Now I'm using this and my G2 feels pretty small. It's a nice change I feel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

It's weird how a phone this large will give a different perspective on your old devices. Just a month ago I was using the 2013 Moto X, which made my G2 that I also used feel big competitively. Now I'm using this and my G2 feels pretty small. It's a nice change I feel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
I used the s4 before I got the Note. Grabbing it to help the wife set the Note up, I just kept thinking/saying how tiny that s4 is now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

According to the app info page on the play store, you can get an nfc toggle if you're rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Thx but I've stopped rooting after the gnex days.

Feel in the hand vs Note 4:

I like the 6P better. They're almost exactly the same width.

They're both similar with the chamfered edges, but I think it's funny that reviews have made such a mention of how the sides of the 6P are straight. To me, they actually feel almost slightly rounded compared to the Note. Though the back of the Note 4 is slightly curved, the sides of the 6P seem to just blend right in to the curve of the back, giving it a very comfortable feel.

I also like the smooth back vs the fake leather of the Note 4's plastic back. Obviously, the metal construction feels more sturdy.

I'm still getting used to the volume rocker being in the same side as the power button. This is mostly noticed when playing games in landscape mode, when you're likely to want to adjust the volume quick in the course of a game. Just a matter of muscle memory. At the same time, it didn't take me long to get used to the back button being on the left on the 6P instead of the right. After using the 6P for just over a day, I was helping my wife setup the Note for herself & was having trouble remembering the back button is on the right there.

I also had trouble remembering that the regents button on the Note is a menu button on the s4 that she had previously.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I'm coming from a note 4 myself.. I agree with all your points . What confuses me the most now is sometimes I press the app button instead of circle home button. Got used to note physical home button. Gotta reteach myself virtual buttons again .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every time Google updates to a new Ver... stuff changes. I get use to the change and then they change it again.. Just a way to keep us on our toes...

Activated mine earlier today. Still on MDA89D. How long did it take for you guys to get the MDB08K OTA?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I got mine as soon as I had it set up, but it wasn't activated. Seems others have had a similar experience.

Stock images are available I believe. Fastboot the update?

Activated mine earlier today. Still on MDA89D. How long did it take for you guys to get the MDB08K OTA?

Within a few minutes on WiFi, no sim card.

Thanks guys.

I'll give it a day then I'll probably just sideload...

I was hoping to wake up this morning with an update waiting for me but nada.

I unlocked my bootloader within an hour of activating yesterday and set up my phone the way I like and downloaded all my apps... If I side load the update I'm gonna have to do it all over again.. :(

Back