Pay extra for visual voicemail? Uh, no

wkearney99

Reaction score
Is there an alternative app for checking voicemail? No way in hell I'm giving Verizon extra money for what ought to be a free feature. Cripes, they're STILL trying to play old-school phone company nickel-and-diming games with customers?

Now, I don't want a 'free' feature if it means having to use a crappy network like AT&T. Bells and whistles ain't diddly when the phone can't do it's job for handling calls.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there an alternative app for checking voicemail? No way in hell I'm giving Verizon extra money for what ought to be a free feature. Cripes, they're STILL trying to play old-school phone company nickel-and-diming games with customers?

Now, I don't want a 'free' feature if it means having to use a crappy network like AT&T. Bells and whistles ain't diddly when the phone can't do it's job for handling calls.

I agree that it should be free but, at the same time, 75¢ a week doesn't make or break me either...I lose more than that in my laundry! Haha!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a GV number but don't utilize the VM option. I use YouMail from the market and love everything you can do with it.

While you're checking it out and seeing how it works, imagine what would happen if you changed the first name of that certain individual in your contacts to, say, butthead and that person called.

You'll have to check out the app or better yet, check it out online at Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail.
:D