Phone is sending all calls straight to voicemail.

dscott7

Reaction score
Today my phone started sending all incoming calls straight to voicemail. My phone doesn't ring or anything. I'm not even on the phone when it happens and I don't get a missed call notice, only a voicemail notice if they leave one. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Is it happening from one specific number, or anyone that calls? Also, did you install any new apps right before this started?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone that calls, so I know it's not the "send caller straight to voicemail" because I checked that on a few people. I didn't install any new apps but I went and deleted some I thought might be the offenders and it still didn't fix it.

OK. You already checked what I was thinking. I don't have any other thoughts or ideas right now. Hopefully someone here can help.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Do you have Google Voice? There's an option to do exactly this problem.

Don't have google voice.

To anyone who ends up on this page in the future and has the same problem: I took it into the Verizon store, they messed around with it for an hour and eventually had to do a hard reset/set it to factory default settings. That fixed the problem. Nothing else would.

Glad to hear you were able to fix the problem. I was going to suggest trying to run the phone in Safe mode first, and if it worked properly in Safe mode, that it then would clearly point to a software problem. It could have been a third party app, it could have been a corruption of one of the system files. Either way, the system restore forces a re-write of all system files and if done as part of a wipe, also eliminates any possible interference from third party apps by removing them. The good news is it's back to normal.

So I was having this happen too. But it seems to have started after I did a system software update to version 21.44.8.en.US.
It was doing it to everyone that called me and I don't have any calls that I send straight to voicemail. I restarted my phone and things seem to be working ok now....we'll see. Otherwise I'll be headed to the Verizon store I guess

My husband's droid turbo does this went to Verizon they fixed it and now doing it again please help us.

Welcome to the forum Kimmy883!
Hang in there and hopefully one of our many knowledgeable Turbo owners can give you a hand. Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Have any of y'all tried the following:
Power the phone down. Remove the SIM card. Power the phone back up. Keep phone on for at least a minute. Power phone back down. Insert SIM card. Power back up.
This worked on my old Rezound when it had that problem and I only had to do it once.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Glad it's back to working. I was going to say back it up and fr it.

Back