Phone won't update

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
My wife just got her Revo and out of the box it wants to install the new software update. No problem right? Well it downloads the update with no problem and then reboots to install but at the little android screen with the yellow status bar, it gets about half way then the triangle turns to a ! and it says the update fails. Any ideas why this is happening. Non rooted Revo by the way. I have a OG droid and been rooted since day one so I don't have any experience with OTAs

OP
Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
We were all set to bring it back but I decided to try it one more time. This time it just happened to be on wifi and it worked with no problem. Don't know if that made a difference or it just randomly worked but you could try that.

Big Cam

Reaction score
That's weird because I updated mine over 3G, it took forever to download, but it updated just fine.

pepsi3573

Reaction score
Mine wouldn't update either, even after a hard reset. But works fine anyhow, have procrastinated about going to verizon, don't feel like dealing with them

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

4dracing

Reaction score
same issue

Just got an LG revolution.....after having it a month tried the v7 update and the phone would not update. Even took it to the rocket scientists at the local Verizon store. Problem two was that I had a lot of apps "forced closing" after the failed update. Called the motherland and they are sending me a new phone.

Big question is.......Do I want the same phone?

I like the big screen but don't like the os.

Is there a better choice in android Verizon?