Please make the droid 2 not suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveyos

Reaction score
My life has been pure hell since I sent my droid1 back and got a free droid2 because they were out of droid1's.

It won't stop freezing. Root, no root, stock rom, custom rom, it won't stop freezing. Ten times an hour at least. I'm really good at taking the battery out now.

Also, to make things worse, no lithium and no pink-life.

jrummy and lithium team can you guys PLEASE make the droid 2 not suck? Do you think verizon would give me another droid1 if I tell them the d2's a piece of friggin junk?

With all this freezing I can't always answer the phone and I'm going to die because it'll just freeze when I need to call 911. I've never dealt with something so horrible. I had the G1 when it first came out and it was better than this.

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
Picture the thread title in all caps because it's supposed to be in all caps because this is an EMERGENCY.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have a Stock Droid 2 and it is constantly freezing and a factory reset does nothing to help the situation then a trip to VZW is what I would suggest

If this is a problem aquired by the rooting or theming of your D2 then we will need a little more information as to exactly what you did that caused these kind of results

BTW-Thanks for not writing in all caps :)

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
Oh I tried to write the thread title in all caps but it's set to not allow it but I woulda been fine with just screaming at my monitor and the decibel count being displayed next to the title.

It's been messing up since I took it out of the box. One of the common problems people have is the music player freezing when the phone's orientation is changed, I've got that. Another time it'll freeze is when I don't tell it it's pretty. Anything in between of those two scenarios it will also freeze. In case this doesn't fall in between those two situations it also freezes when I'm not even near it. It resets itself too, I guess just to keep things exciting.

This is fresh out of the box

This is rooted with stock

This is rooted with custom (epic 2.5)

This is without setCPU

This is with setCPU

And yes I've done factory resets.

There's supposed to be a fix in the works for the music player freezing problem but will that fix the other 289358235823852385238528328382558 spots where it freezes? They had to of shipped this phone with a hardware problem or a problem not inside the rom itself.

However most importantly, is lithium coming to the droid 2? That's the deciding factor on whether or not I just temporarily buy a prepaid phone and wait, or ask verizon for another droid 1.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you need to return that phone and get yourself another one. That is defective phone with a hardware problem plain and simple. No software will fix the problems you are having.

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
Yeah I doubt it can be this bad and not be something serious. I gotta figure out how to unroot it now and I'd much rather just smash it but I can't afford to cancel my contract dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have a Stock Droid 2 and it is constantly freezing and a factory reset does nothing to help the situation then a trip to VZW is what I would suggest

If this is a problem aquired by the rooting or theming of your D2 then we will need a little more information as to exactly what you did that caused these kind of results

BTW-Thanks for not writing in all caps :)

+1, I'm running a stock D2 and have no freezing. It's never froze on me since I've got it a little over a month. If you haven't done a factory data reset that's what you need.

OP
S

steveyos

Reaction score
I have. I've done a factory data reset. I asked how to unroot this junk in the droid2 forum but do you guys know how to unroot the droid2 by any chance? I'm about to set the thing on fire.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread closed, I'm not sure what he was doing in this section to begin with but the OP started another thread on how to remove root in the D2 section. Since we don't allow cross posting and that's where he should be in the first place we will close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.