possible water damage

dropzone

Reaction score
looking for some help.

i was at dinner and a whole pitcher of water got spilled on the table and most of it ended up in my lap. of course this is also where my phone was.

I quickly dried off the phone and it seemed fine but over a few min it started to blink and now it wont turn on at all. i tried all the resets including a hard reset but still no powering on. when i plug it in i get a white led but still nothing else.
I pulled off the back and did not find any water and both water indicator stickers are fully intact. are there any other stickers i am missing? and if they are fine i have to think that no water got into the phone. can a undetectable to the eye amount of water really kill these phones??

if i dont see any sign of water and i bring it in to be replaced is there a way for them to see that it came into contact with water? i REALLY dont want to have to by another one of these.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
No they won't know. Just to be on the safe side. Make sure its dry. My wife accidently put her gnex in the washer last week. So all I did was call Verizon and told them the phone just died and it doesn't turn on. I do pay for insurance on both my Rezound and gnex. So Verizon next day air my wife's gnex and all if good. You should be fine. Just don't tell them you poured water on it. Haha

Sent from my HTC Rezound

kparks

Reaction score
looking for some help.

i was at dinner and a whole pitcher of water got spilled on the table and most of it ended up in my lap. of course this is also where my phone was.

I quickly dried off the phone and it seemed fine but over a few min it started to blink and now it wont turn on at all. i tried all the resets including a hard reset but still no powering on. when i plug it in i get a white led but still nothing else.
I pulled off the back and did not find any water and both water indicator stickers are fully intact. are there any other stickers i am missing? and if they are fine i have to think that no water got into the phone. can a undetectable to the eye amount of water really kill these phones??

if i dont see any sign of water and i bring it in to be replaced is there a way for them to see that it came into contact with water? i REALLY dont want to have to by another one of these.

There could be other markers inside and if u do send it in and they find it u will be charged full retail I'd give it a day and see if it starts working

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Put it in a bowl of rice. The rice will help draw out the moisture.

Aiesline

Reaction score
What I want to know is how he pulled off the back.... these things don't have a back plate to take off.

Reaction score
The backs actually come off very easy with some gentle prying.

As for the water damage, if you have insurance it doesn't matter what you did to it you just have to pay the deductible to get a replacement. Because otherwise if you're talking about taking it back to Verizon as a warranty, you are talking about fraud . Anybody who breaks their phone should have the integrity, accountability, and responsibility to not go looking for a free phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

ultra09hd

Reaction score
Since its supposed to resistant to water with the nano coating...I see warranty claim...not fraud by any means.

sent from a RAZR on mah Harley.

Chukee

Reaction score
Water resistant not water proof so its a insurance claim. If the sticker show that it has water damage you will get charged if you try to exchange it as a Warranty exchange.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I say do what you can to save it. If you can't and since it is sold as water resistant try for a warrenty claim but be honest with what happened. Maybe the nano coating was defective. If they approve it...great and it wont be fraud or illegal.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No they won't know. Just to be on the safe side. Make sure its dry. My wife accidently put her gnex in the washer last week. So all I did was call Verizon and told them the phone just died and it doesn't turn on. I do pay for insurance on both my Rezound and gnex. So Verizon next day air my wife's gnex and all if good. You should be fine. Just don't tell them you poured water on it. Haha

Sent from my HTC Rezound
No, the store reps may not know, but if you get a warranty replacement and sent back to VZW, they will look at it, and if they determine it was water damage, you will have a huge bill on your hands.