Problems with Polarized Sunglasses

It's because he has a droid eris.
God you people are the worst.

MYPHONEIZSOMUCHBETTAR!!!!1111 Hurr durr

its a phone moron.
i don't think he was being mean,,,evidently the eris has this problem and the droid doesn't. i had the same problem with my blackberry storm. couldn't view it through polarized lenses in portrait.

I put my moto droid on the dash mount today to try it out and I noticed that the screen did seem dimmer or more purple-ish when I had my polarized sunglasses.

When I put sunglasses on I generally expect things to seem a little darker. To my chagrin I tried it out with my $5 polarized sunglasses and lo and behold my screen was darker! Can you believe it, I turned the brightness up and then magically it wasn't as dark. Pretty nuts, eh? I thought so too. I bet it's only the eris that this works with.

When I put sunglasses on I generally expect things to seem a little darker. To my chagrin I tried it out with my $5 polarized sunglasses and lo and behold my screen was darker! Can you believe it, I turned the brightness up and then magically it wasn't as dark. Pretty nuts, eh? I thought so too. I bet it's only the eris that this works with.
nice.....with my old storm i could view it fine in portrait but couldn't see it at all in landscape. but you're the expert with your 5 buck glasses...

This happened to my wife this weekend. Turned the phone sideways and she couldn't see it. It is fine if you look at it in normal layout.

Not a big deal, but I remembered this thread when she started complaining about it.

Back