Razr Maxx stuck on mobile hotspot turning on after sqlite wifi hack

I think I figured this one out! Or at least what is causing it. I have two Motorola RAZR MAXX's and I tried installing Safestrap and Cyanogenmod 11 one one of them a few days ago... After doing that, and deciding I didn't like it, I tried to boot back in to the stock rom only to discover that now, the mobile hotspot doesn't work anymore! After days and days of trying various things, what I just discovered is that if I REMOVE safestrap recovery, the problem goes AWAY! I am back on Stock, rooted, using the built in mobile hotspot option... What an ordeal though..

Interesting... I don't use safestrap..glad you got it figured out.

hmm, that is interesting. I think the guy who first asked the question had used safestrap, like me. From what I gather, Safestrap is built on some other program called TWRP. Do you have any sort of custom recovery installed? I can go back and forth now. Install safestrap, lose mobile hotspot. Remove safestrap, regain mobile hotspot. So I am confident they are related in some way. I'm not even using a custom ROM at this point. I merely installed the recovery software part.

I guess it was the second guy that commented that he was having the same issue who was closely related to what I had done. He too had installed cyanogenmod 11. Anyway, I see now that you are one of the gurus around here, so I doubt you need my two cents worth. Thanks for the great forum though! Lots of great advice from friendly people.

My device is just rooted.. I use tibu.. That's about it.

I'm far from a guru lol.. I learn a lot here too. :)

Back