Really want the GNex but should I?

kikitt

Reaction score
I have an upgrade availiable, my current phone is the Droid Bionic which has been an awesome upgrade from my Droid 2, I have someone that will buy it from me for $300, so that would cover my upgrade to the GNex but should I do it? Has anyone else switched from the Bionic to the GNex? Some people think i'm crazy or stupid for wanting to upgrade already, but I have wanted the GNex since I first heard about it. Please help me.

-Kikitt

tekjunkie28

Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat. I have the droid 1 and love it but its getting old and the only think keeping it alive is the custom ROM's. My wife has had a upgrade for awhile and was gonna use it but shes happy with her droidX so i can get a Gnex. Only issue is Im wondering if I should just wait but the thing is that I probably shouldnt b/c I'd rather only buy phones with unlocked bootloaders. I love motorola phones but the policy of there bootloaders is absolutely uncalled for. (whatever happend to the open handset alliance?) If "I were U" I would trade it out.

Insidious

Reaction score
I'm picking mine up tomorrow, and I think you'd definately be happy with it!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The Gnex is a nice phone if you want to mod the heck out of it, it is really a nice phone if you don't want to mod it too...:D... I have the Bionic & there are things I like about each of them... I say give it some hands-on time and see what ya think...

~it's not just a phone~

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah you cant go wrong with the nexus, rezound, razr, or bionic. They each have their goods and bads. Some nexus owners are awaiting the update to improve the radios. I believe the rezound is not having any reception issues what so ever. I honestly would go to a corporate store and play with them all and choose what you like.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I did and love the Nexus! If you have someone that will give you $300 for the DB, get'r done man!

bwillie

Reaction score
I had the Droid 1, the Droid X, Droid bionic, and now Galaxy Nexus
The Nexus is by far the best!!! There will be a lot of support for this phone for a long time!! Get the Nexus!!!

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

twright86

Reaction score
I would.

I have had my phone for 3 weeks, and there hasn't been a time period (other than sleeping) that the phone has been out of my hands for more than like a half hour.

As others have said though, you really can't go wrong with the Rezound, Razr, or Nexus... I prefer the Nexus though.

Reaction score
i cant wait till next week till i get mines..i hear about all the problems people are having with the GNex and im still going to get that phone..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums