Really want the GNex but should I?

kikitt

Reaction score
I have an upgrade availiable, my current phone is the Droid Bionic which has been an awesome upgrade from my Droid 2, I have someone that will buy it from me for $300, so that would cover my upgrade to the GNex but should I do it? Has anyone else switched from the Bionic to the GNex? Some people think i'm crazy or stupid for wanting to upgrade already, but I have wanted the GNex since I first heard about it. Please help me.

-Kikitt

I'm in a similar boat. I have the droid 1 and love it but its getting old and the only think keeping it alive is the custom ROM's. My wife has had a upgrade for awhile and was gonna use it but shes happy with her droidX so i can get a Gnex. Only issue is Im wondering if I should just wait but the thing is that I probably shouldnt b/c I'd rather only buy phones with unlocked bootloaders. I love motorola phones but the policy of there bootloaders is absolutely uncalled for. (whatever happend to the open handset alliance?) If "I were U" I would trade it out.

I'm picking mine up tomorrow, and I think you'd definately be happy with it!

The Gnex is a nice phone if you want to mod the heck out of it, it is really a nice phone if you don't want to mod it too...:D... I have the Bionic & there are things I like about each of them... I say give it some hands-on time and see what ya think...

~it's not just a phone~

Yeah you cant go wrong with the nexus, rezound, razr, or bionic. They each have their goods and bads. Some nexus owners are awaiting the update to improve the radios. I believe the rezound is not having any reception issues what so ever. I honestly would go to a corporate store and play with them all and choose what you like.

I did and love the Nexus! If you have someone that will give you $300 for the DB, get'r done man!

I had the Droid 1, the Droid X, Droid bionic, and now Galaxy Nexus
The Nexus is by far the best!!! There will be a lot of support for this phone for a long time!! Get the Nexus!!!

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

I would.

I have had my phone for 3 weeks, and there hasn't been a time period (other than sleeping) that the phone has been out of my hands for more than like a half hour.

As others have said though, you really can't go wrong with the Rezound, Razr, or Nexus... I prefer the Nexus though.

i cant wait till next week till i get mines..i hear about all the problems people are having with the GNex and im still going to get that phone..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Back