RELEASE... Black Market 2.3.4....

When you go into root explorer, system/app, long press on Vending.apk, permissions, what do you have there? Should be rw-,r--,r--

i got rwxr-xr-x should i uncheck the executes?

rabbit, did you make a backup before installing 2.3.4? If so, restore just /system to get 2.3.2 back, then reboot and try installing 2.3.4 again.

my last backup was of 4.2 :( <-- that hurt to type after all the time si mentioned to backup on the bugless beast faq.

best,
rf
Turn off the executes.

Ok so I'm kind of confused. Can I just flash this or do I gotta use the terminal emulator? I'm long past being "lost" at this point...
Thank you to everyone ahead of time. :D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Flash it, after making a backup of course ;)

Thank you kind sir :D just wanted to double check before I did anything. Lol

Turn off the executes.

so i did that then rebooted. i still have nothing. i checked my apps and it's not in there. i also tried installing from /system/app which didn't work (thought i'd give it a try).

thanks for your help on this. i'm out of ideas.

best,
rf

On my themes, I had to uninstall updates in settings/apps/manage/all/market... then my themed one would apply....

On my themes, I had to uninstall updates in settings/apps/manage/all/market... then my themed one would apply....

i'd cleared the data and cache from the market updater (there's no market in settings/apps/manage/all/market for me), but still no market. is that what you mean?

best,
rf

Last edited:
Naw... I didn't know ya didn't have market.. I just thought it wasn't themed....

i'd cleared the data and cache from the market updater (there's no market in settings/apps/manage/all/market for me), but still no market. is that what you mean?

best,
rf

You don't see Black Market in there do you?

best,
rf

You don't see Black Market in there do you?

nope. it's neither in my app drawer nor in my settings/apps/manage/all. the only place i see it is in my /system/app

is there something i'd have to clear in /data/data?

best,
rf

so, i went to my last resort: full wipe.

i reinstalled PE 5.0, let google sync everything up, went to settings/apps/.../market and cleared cache and data. then i booted into recovery and installed 2.3.4. everything is ok, now!

i guess all i really needed to do was wipe cache and data before installing the update. man, i should've backed up :)

the market looks great. thank you!

best,
rf

Last edited:
Installed without problems on my D2 over my Blue 2.3.3. Thanks Eric! I'll install on my PE5 D1 tonight and post how it goes.

Sent from 1885

I flashed the 2.3.2 market and same thing happened. No market at all. Restored backup ill try again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Install was nearly as flawless as this release!! Excellent work as usual man!! dancedroid

DroidForums Junkie!!

Back