[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

Yay! I managed to connect to 3G network thru a Patch from HashCode. But now the Wifi network drops from time to time.

Does anyone got something like this before?

Thanks.

Voice issue ?

Anyone seen a problem with voice commands and/or is there a fix or something I should look at?

Thanks
n00b-J

Disregard

known BT issue affecting Voice. Turn off BT and it works... Thanks and sorry.

I did port using safestrap 3.5 everything seems fine except. no cal notification. If i do want to call message process.phone appears. I m new in this forum and i have done this first time please help.

Simple dumb noob question. Can you install with CWM or is the 'long' method stated in the initial post still required? Currently stock .906. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: YES, first post #666

Simple dumb noob question. Can you install with CWM or is the 'long' method stated in the initial post still required? Currently stock .906. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: YES, first post #666

I would still do the method in the first post I don't know if cwm would work

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, congratulations to the team ... this is a very good ROM.

I am a java developer and put myself at your disposal to create the translation file for the PT-BR (Portuguese - Brazil).

A.R. Castro - Brazil

I would like to say thanks for an awesome ROM. I have only run into a couple of issues, and was wondering if any one could help.
-I can only run the stock browser. Chrome and dolphin will load, and predict text (connection) but can't render a page.
-Any hope for video codecs? Is there a mod or something else to flash to this install. I understand this is a know issue.

Thank you all, especially Chevy!

Could the chrome problem be because its based on gingerbread kernels?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

How do I over overclock? I've looked in performance but it will only let me choose up to 1 ghz.

I have also problem with
+ Chrome does not work
+ neither does Opera Mobile
+ Opera mini - behaving strangely too

other problems:
+ sound stops playing randomly? when received mail? (e.g playing game, it suddenly stops and starts only after restarting game.)
+ when made changes to "Mobile Networks" - it does not store new values (APN, GSM/WCDA preferred)?
+ some camera issues (application 360 not working, effects in MX camera freezes the view)

+ 3g connection drops every very often, every minute... I have to switch data off and on to start working again
+ the sound issue remains also in calls (even though I have not switched bluetooth at all). I have received a call, and couldn't hear the other side

Because of the sound issues I am returning back to gingerbread :-/

Last edited:
I have restored data and (apn settings with it?) from previous ROM via Titanium Backup and after syncing via wifi, 3g data started to work.
Otherwise I was unable to create APN manually (though in previous ROM - MavROM) it had worked without any change done to APNs(?).

Hi! Anyone has solved the problem to 'Mobile Network' menu access?

Back