Removing widgets and icons from Home pages

maxmjn

Reaction score
Keep pressing the widget/icon in your DROID home page for long. You can see a trash bin appear at the bottom of your home page. Once you see the TRASH bin, drag and drop the widget/icon into Trash........... DONE.
Not Sure if the delete widget/icon goes into a Android recycle bin or gets purged completely. May I should connect to pc after deleting and check if a recycle bin / folder is present in 16GB microSD.

When you drag an icon/widget to the trash, it doesn't delete it from your phone, just the screen. You can re-add widgets from the widgets menu, even if you've dragged them to the trash.

When you drag an icon/widget to the trash, it doesn't delete it from your phone, just the screen. You can re-add widgets from the widgets menu, even if you've dragged them to the trash.

I don't use the Visual Email widget at all. Yet, it always seems to run. I can bring up the Kill App application and kill it, but this is a pain in the ass.

Any suggestions on how to permanently delete apps? If you drag to trash can, it doesn't delete it from the phone.

Home++ allows you to uninstall apps when you drag an icon/widget to the trash-can. It will NOT work for included apps though (Facebook ect). For those you will have to root and use adb shell to remove the apps.

Back