Rezound Unlock?

ToOoN

Reaction score
Quick question, is the HTC Rezound unlockable at the moment to use a different carrier? I google and a lot of website selling unlock codes but they just look fishy to me. thx for answer, and sorry for noob question. I'm very new at all this adroid stuff.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Quick question, is the HTC Rezound unlockablement to use a different carrier? I google and a lot of website selling unlock codes but they just look fishy to me. thx for answer, and sorry for noob question. I'm very new at all this adroid stuff.

its a cdma lte.phone...what carrier are you trying to use it on? us cellular?

OP
T

ToOoN

Reaction score
not sure what you mean by "cdma lte" my plan is to buy the Rezound on ebay and use it for my T-Mobile plan (US).

mjones73

Reaction score
Verizon and T-Mobile use different technologies, Verizon is CDMA for voice/3G and LTE for 4G, T-Mobile is GSM for voice/3G and HPSA+ for 4G. You can't interchange phones between the two carriers.

gilcaavig

Reaction score
Verizon and T-Mobile use different technologies, Verizon is CDMA for voice/3G and LTE for 4G, T-Mobile is GSM for voice/3G and HPSA+ for 4G. You can't interchange phones between the two carriers.

But it is able to be unlock or not? I have my own band 13 lte eNB, and i need to unlock the carrier sim in order to use test sim on it....
How can i unlock it?

scy1192

Reaction score

actually, Rezound has GSM support. How to use it, I wouldn't know

phone -> *#*#4636#*#* -> Phone information

HowardZ

Reaction score
There is a 64 page discussion over at xdaforum on this very subject:

[Q] Global Phone [CONFIRMED] (SOLUTION MAY BE ON THE CARDS SOON FOR SMS) UPDATE 12 - xda-developers

the bottom line: They've got phone calls working, partial on sms, and too many hoops to jump through for Data to work.

Also, the pokemon ROM is working on this, but not done
It is based on another HTC phone's software with ICS and Sense 4.

[ROM] 5/8 The HTC Rezound is evolving...Team PkmN - Venasaur Rom v3.1.0 - xda-developers
You will see it listed as "world phone" fix

Howard

P.S. I hope it is not frowned upon to link to another forum, but that's where the answer lies.