[ROM] [ROM] Droid Concepts Froyo Releases [BETA versions]

djakrse

Reaction score
Oh man, the first night or two I don't mess with my phone and I missed this! I should be flashing this tonight or tomorrow.

swallisa

Reaction score
======================
NOTE TO EVERYONE
======================
if you change the kernel do not post bugs, unless you are positive that they are there on the stock kernel as well, meaning check don't guess. I will add supported kernels as we get closer to a release, and as I find time to test, If you find a kernel that works and doesn't present any issues to the overall quality of the ROM/Build, then please let me know and I will start a list of *Working Kernels*

Thanks. :)

Just so you know only changed kernels after stock kernel had wifi error. This is a great rom and really like the theming so good luck with the development and would be glad to help out with the testing if you like.

swallisa

Reaction score
Woody great job on 003. Everything is functioning as it should.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Woody great job on 003. Everything is functioning as it should.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thats always good hear.. :) probably wont have anything new until weds or so, and the only issue that I have found which I fixed in my source already is the music on-going notifications, the 'song title' is still in black but the rest of the text is in the green like it should be. Like I said I've already fixed it, it was my mistake.. lol I changed one but forgot about the color right above it.. But as of right now that is the only issue I have personally had on this build..

Also if you downloaded the Google Apps from build 02 then you can delete those apps and you will need to download the new ones I posted for build 03, otherwise you will have some older Google Apps, so please update for the best experience.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
======================
NOTE TO EVERYONE
======================
if you change the kernel do not post bugs, unless you are positive that they are there on the stock kernel as well, meaning check don't guess. I will add supported kernels as we get closer to a release, and as I find time to test, If you find a kernel that works and doesn't present any issues to the overall quality of the ROM/Build, then please let me know and I will start a list of *Working Kernels*

Thanks. :)

Just so you know only changed kernels after stock kernel had wifi error. This is a great rom and really like the theming so good luck with the development and would be glad to help out with the testing if you like.

Good to here, just need to find some kernels that work other than stock. I don't generally over-clock so its not a priority on my list right now, but there will be other supported ones for the final release so don't worry about that..

Also I will keep you in mind if I go back to private BETA Testing, but right now I am keeping everything open and thats why this thread exists. Thank you for the offer its always nice having people test your work, so I will add you to the list.. :)

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I've been testing every kernel but p3's cuz my phone hates them. Even the ones I have compiled run awesome. My test phone is still running build 3. Awesome work.

Oh and u can trust swallias he's good people lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm a little confused by the line in the change log that says built using Aosp gingerbread source. Can you elaborate on this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
I'm a little confused by the line in the change log that says built using Aosp gingerbread source. Can you elaborate on this?

lol, that was my mistake, I didn't even realize I didn't change that, originally I was going to be doing GingerBread, but then I changed and decided to do Froyo for the time being. That just slipped when I must have updated, thanks for the catch, I will update to fix that..

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Its amazing how fast a ROM is with hardley any apps installed. I have drocap2, gapps, df, and that's it on my lv 1100 kernel and your ROM screams Woody!

Lol

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Loaded this up last night and everything is running smooth thus far. I am impressed at the speed/snappiness with it at 600 MHz!! Very nicely done indeed!!

Any plans on adding additional setting in the future (i.e. galaxy S/notification pull down widget, status bar/notification text color changes, etc)? Either way, this ROM it running extremely well ... I will run it through my daily routine and report any issues I may encounter, if any.

mikedav1

Reaction score
running now for about 20 hours or so. Found it a little clunky at first. Loaded Chevy 1Gz medium voltage, overclocked it. Running all apps nicely and quick response. Nitpicking a little about the font. The vertical spacing makes views a bit longer than stock. Not a real problem. Look forward to seeing more. Stick with it, many GB's out there.