[ROM] GreenRomProject presents CyanogenMod 7.1.0-RC0

JBirdVegas

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I built this for my wife and I thought some others in the community may want to have Android 2.3.4 as well. A group of us are learning to develop @ greenromproject.com As of now this is a modded CyanogenMod 7.1.0-RC0

First, all the code is online @ github.com/greenromproject

Thanks to CyanogenMod for making such an amazing ROM open source

This mod uses lots of hacks from forums such as droidforums and xda

MODDS:

init.d scripts:

90ramhack to stabilize the memory leaks in Gingerbread CREDIT: DarkyROM 2011 - Joël Staub (darkyy)

95speedhacks increases mounted partition cache and lots of tweaks to speed up the ROM after boot CREDIT: franciscofranco @ xda

98chmodbomb ensures permissions are correct every boot *this fixes many FC issues but does make reboots after app installs take a little longer CREDIT: Einherjar Dev Team Einherjar Development Team

removed CM7 bootanimation for ANDROID shine throwback

included tmobile's ThemeChooser I'm working on Greenie our theming app but I havn't had time to get to mdpi and ldpi sorry I'll include it in the next build

**** AND MANY MORE look at the source code @ github.com/greenromproject

I have two beta testers who have not had any problems yet but the usual disclaimers apply
// I'm not responsible for broken devices

I made the testers I gave this to wipe, Seems the only responsible thing to do is wipe if you are coming from anything before android 2.3.3

I included the gapps first boot application and gmail and google search, because I use them a lot.

enjoy.
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

mamawm

Reaction score
Thanks for supporting our little eris. Glad to know we're not forgotten.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums

jax

Reaction score
Thanx GRP this is the best rom I have found for the dinc, snappy with great battery life been using for 4 months now. My dinc is : )

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

licotto

Reaction score
Ok, I don't mean to sound confused or anything, but I just want to make sure, this ROM is for the Eris, yes??? I only ask since the prev 2 remarks are about the DInc & not the Eris...

How well does the Eris actually perform on this ROM?? I'm not expecting miracles by any means, but it would let me use an Eris for a bit rather than an older phone while we wait to upgrade the phone...

Thanks for any/all help!!

ExDementia

Reaction score
Edit: what I wrote before applied to a different ROM\

I just installed your ROM today and couldnt get passed the install wizard in the beginning where you are supposed to touch the android. I tap him, he lights up, but then nothing happens. I can access a few of the menus it has available, but can't get any further than that.

Last edited: