[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid 2 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

tjarvis

Reaction score
That's my point. It seems most of the additions have been aesthetic? Has there been any great progress in the stuff under the covers? Because the version I'm on runs pretty darn good.

Kinda of like boob implants on grandma...kinda cool if your into that...but...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

hppcv97

Reaction score
Version?

Ok.. I downloaded V2.0 & it seems to have the features listed in the changelog for version 2.. however it shows version mod version 1.0 & on the pull down shows liberty 1.0.. I double checked the file I downloaded & it shows liberty3d2-2.0gold.zip. I haven't had any other liberty roms & did a complete wipe before installing it.. Just making sure all is good & any other way to make sure I have the right version...

xandor

Reaction score
try this....settings: liberty settings: customization: lockscreen settings: style options: lockscreen style: HONEYCOMB!! if you can do that your on v2.0 bro. i love the honeycomb lockscreen

I actually tried this before you posted and was excited to see it!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

dbacksfan

Reaction score
Has anyone downloaded themes on Droid 2? I donated on the market and downloaded the liberty customizer but there are no themes to download.

AbusedRib

Reaction score
Dont install from v 0.8 dude. you absolutely need to sbf back to 2.2, root, bootstrap recovery, download and install the OTA gingerbread rom, root again and bootstrap recovery again and then flash this rom. Thats the only way it will work. it may seem like alot of work but it really is the only way and this rom is amazing.

Correction, you don't need to root/bootstrap between sbf'ing to 2.2 and installing OTA GB.

1. SBF to Froyo
2. Settings > About Phone > System Update to OTA Gingerbread
3. Root with P Souza one-click method
4. Bootstrap Recovery
5. Flash Liberty 3

jbm0121

Reaction score
Can we flash from v1.0 or do we also need to sbf and start fresh, just curious I'm anxious to do it while at work.

gammaxgoblin

Reaction score
So even though I purchased rom toolbox, I am expected to pay again to get themes for liberty 2.0?
Edit- and if I click donate I get a dead market link?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Skidoo03

Reaction score
So I followed the intructions to a t and have been sitting at the M logo, any idea why? I really wanna try this guys.
Sat for about 15 minutes then did a battery pull.
frown.gif

Edit: Second try, I've already sbf'd back to froyo then I did the ota and everything then bootstrapped recovery then flashed the newest cwm then rebooted into recovery and I'm sitting at the M logo still. Please help guys.

Last edited:

Lavs23

Reaction score
So I followed the intructions to a t and have been sitting at the M logo, any idea why? I really wanna try this guys.
Sat for about 15 minutes then did a battery pull.
frown.gif

Edit: Second try, I've already sbf'd back to froyo then I did the ota and everything then bootstrapped recovery then flashed the newest cwm then rebooted into recovery and I'm sitting at the M logo still. Please help guys.

I've got the same thing, sbf'd, did ota update to gb, rooted, bootstrapped recovery, used 2.5.0.8 (or whatever it normally is from bootstrap 2.5 somethin) recovery to wipe and install. It took no time at all to install which has me puzzled. Going to check the md5sum make sure my download wasn't a bad download.

Lavs23

Reaction score
I've downloaded the zip 4 times and each time it's the wrong md5sum, guess I'll keep trying.

Skidoo03

Reaction score
Will you please let me know when you have the right file? I've never checked the md5 sum but I will now just need to figure out now and I've tried it from the droid 2 bootstrap recovery and the lastest clockwork mod. Yes I'm rooted and I wiped data/factory reset, I'm guessing it was just the whole md5 sum being wrong but I'm gonna try again, I'll let you guys know.
Edit: I know how to check the md5 now and I've gotten the wrong one after downloading twice, just gonna keept trying.

Last edited:

Insanelycool

Reaction score
There are some interesting articles going around mentioning "carrier IQ" logging information, and even some mentions that "Contacts Sync" and "ContactsData" are able to do similar things.
BUSTED! Secret app on millions of phones logs key taps ? The Register
There is also a separate vulnerability discovered with App permissions:
Android glitch allows hackers to bug phone calls ? The Register

I am not a programmer, but am an avid Liberty Rom user since near the beginning. I am curious if you guys have looked into these vulnerabilities, plan to, and can offer any information. I admit I put a bit more faith in the humanity of you developers who make Liberty possible. We humans need to look out for each other right? I love what you guys do and am just concerned over this new information about security vulnerabilities and the possibility of activity and keystrokes on the phone being logged. I am not yet on the new release (liberty 3 2.0) , I am still using L3 1.0