Rom Manager doing... nothing

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Ok, so my phone is rooted, and all my root required apps seem to be working fine. Well, I wanted to try some new roms, and most definitely backup my phone. So I start Rom manager, flash clockwork recovery, it tells me that was successful, then I try to backup current ROM, and it restarts my phone, and it loads up like nothing has changed. I go to Manage and restore current backups, and there is nothing there. If it makes a difference, the little loading swirl at the bottom is basically always there.

I'm quite confused, I thought this was a straight forward application, but it just seems not to be doing anything. Any help is appreciated.

do you have the bootstrap app and did you click run bootstrap

I've been kind of confused about bootstrap. Is this a desperate app from Clockword/Rom Manager that I NEED to USE it? If so this would help.

D2 Bootstrapper has saved me from TWO boot loops, makes it a lot more easier to boot in to CWR and backup/restore etc..

It's worth the whole 2 bucks. Plus it's a saver you from adding a paperweight to your desk :p

Ok, well, with bootstrap recovery enabled, Rom Manager successfully backed up and listed my ROM, so that is a plus. I also fixed file extensions, which MIGHT have contributed to the issue.

Back