Rom with best battery life?

AdamDX

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on which rom they've gotten the best battery life with? I'm a heavy user. I'm always on 4G so my battery takes a beating on a regular basis.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Theory Rom has powerboost built in which puts a conservative governor on the kernal I believe. I average about 15 hours with my battery with mod-heavy use.

I would have to say Eclipse is the best I have used

I've used them all and found no difference in battery life. I used Th3ory's stuff more than Liberty or Eclipse, but they all performed great on my Bionic.

Ditto what the last Guy said. I base it on the ui that I like, because I find the batt life to close to notice a difference

I have not found much of a difference either between the different ROM's themselves, they will give you better battery life than the stock ROM, but the extended battery is your best bet for a longer battery life.

Liberty 3 2.0 rc1 for me is WINNING but the 1% increments kinda makes it seem faster any day of the week on any rom. I think the 5 or 10 percent increments would be better. Just my two cents.

I use th3ory and eclipse im a heavy user and always 4g .....I get roughly 8.5 hours on theory and 10 on eclipse...(extended battery).....but I keep switching roms since I like both

Extended battery and light usage and toggling data when needed + Liberty 2.0 = amazing

Ive used theory, using liberty now, I didnt see any difference at all. I only get maybe 5-6hr before I have to charge. No extended battery here. While I would love more battery and I do what I can to conserve it (run very few widgets and dont let them update, screen off after 1min, brightness around 25%) I dont feel like I need to shut off data just to save my battery. Kind of defeats the purpose of a smartphone.

Ive used theory, using liberty now, I didnt see any difference at all. I only get maybe 5-6hr before I have to charge. No extended battery here. While I would love more battery and I do what I can to conserve it (run very few widgets and dont let them update, screen off after 1min, brightness around 25%) I dont feel like I need to shut off data just to save my battery. Kind of defeats the purpose of a smartphone.

sounds like you need to calibrate your battery. 5-6 hrs is way too little. i dont think i could burn through mine while playing continuous music that quickly

Back