Rooted .596 Gingerbread now available

Do you lose all your data from installing it manually?

If so would creating a backup of froyo than uograding manually to the official gb and booting back into recovery and do an advance restore. Only restoeing the data from my froyo nandroid,. Would that work?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I just got it off their site 40 minutes ago. Google team black hat. It'll come up. You'll have to download firefox browser to get app. It's 1.99. Great buy. Downloaded to computer first.

Will I still be able to use my netflix app I got from zombiestomped cuatomizer after getting this?

Will it work if im on. 595 gb zombiedstomped? Or will I need to sbf?

Someone confirmed it worked on zombie over at xda. Don't have a clue about netflix running or not. Still some bug about the camera going from 8mb back to wide screen after rebooting. A few seem to be upset by that fact. Haven't seen any other issues yet.

Hmm my wifi keeps stopping...it'll work the ill have to turn it on and off for it to work again

question: when it says that 588/591/595 must have been installed (in the descriptions for 596), is it implied they all have been installed in that order, or any of the 3 is fine?

on my phone i did 573, 588 (3 part) and then 591.

sent via android

question: when it says that 588/591/595 must have been installed (in the descriptions for 596), is it implied they all have been installed in that order, or any of the 3 is fine?

on my phone i did 573, 588 (3 part) and then 591.

sent via android

i would assume any of the three, not those three in that sequence.

-m

thanks for the reply ... i think its best to wait for a definitive answer because i dont want to mess up my phone.

sent via android

If I install rooted 596 deodexed over my 595 will my custom Zapx rom still work or do I have to sbf?

If I install rooted 596 deodexed over my 595 will my custom Zapx rom still work or do I have to sbf?

It will work. Came from broodcomb. Wiped cache to be safe. All is well. Make sure u have the correct radio. Ur baseband should end in 12 not 07. For full details see droid life.
Sent from my Liberty GB v5 DX

Yea but if you wiped cache then you lost your data!?

Sorry if this is not posted in the right place - but I thought you guys would know:

Since 596 has been rooted will those who have the OTA installed be able to root pretty soon? Or is that a different can of worms?

Back