All day, no kidding.

My compatability choices are:

NT

Nothing at allo about SP2?

OP
N

nailerdog

Reaction score
Got it to run. A new load of RSD and drives with a complete laptop shutdown and reload.

SPrecovery now working. Thanks!

mykd99

Reaction score
Think my screen might be dead. I was able to get RSD lite to recognize the device by pressing up on the d-pad and the power button, and was able to flash the SBF, however after it is finished with the whole process the status is "please manually power up this phone" and that is where I am stuck. The phone appears to be on and is recognized by the computer. During the whole flashing process nothing was displayed on the screen. The screen backlight comes on when the phone is on but that is all. I can feel the processor getting warm too. Is my phone dead? or the screen rather? Thanx in advance!

mykd99

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...rdless-os-version.html?highlight=rsd+lite+4.6 read #10 on this link i had the same problem when first using rsd lite the little red light would come on but no screen it kept sayn sumthn about android was workn...it should help you

Tried this as suggested...

#10 After clicking Start, the flashing process goes through several distinct steps. This particular SBF file is very small so it finishes pretty quickly. At some point there will be a bit of a delay with RSD Lite showing a status of "Phone[0000]: Waiting for re-enumeration". After that is when the actual flashing happens. When the flashing has completed, RSD Lite is going to issue a "reboot-bootloader" command to your phone. Unfortunately the Droid does not appear to implement the reboot-bootloader command correctly and does a normal reboot instead. If you don't "catch the boot" by holding up on the dpad key the OS will boot (and if you have functioning FRS the custom recovery you just flashed on will be put back to stock). Just before sending the reboot instruction to your phone the status in RSD Lite will change to "Phone[0000]: Phone is being rebooted". On your phone the screen will change to "SW Update Complete" (unless the message has been changed by the person who built the SBF) and your phone will reboot within a second or two. You want to be already holding the dpad key up when the phone actually reboots. If you followed the instructions for Step 9 you have pre-read this step and knew to be ready for this. If not, your phone is probably already rebooted into the OS. If you failed to catch the boot, and the OS booted, let the phone finish booting, then power it off, hold the dpad up and power it back on. After that, continue through the steps like nothing happened. If your recovery got flashed back to stock we'll know it soon enough.

Still did not work, can't get anything to display on the screen, no 'M' logo, no recovery mode, no yellow triangle, nada, only the backlight will come on. Any other suggestions?

Thank you jr313!

holychicken

Reaction score
RSD Lite won't recognize Droid 2, Neither will computer

I recently flashed a rom wrong on my droid 2 and it got stuck at the motorola logo. I tried to do a hard reset, but that didn't work so I am now trying to sbf, but it's my first time and after installing the drivers, the sbf, and RSD lite 4.9, my phone wouldn't show up in rsd lite (yes I set it to first come first serve), and my computer says device not recognized. I've seen a lot of tips about this problem, but none seem to work. I have the option to run as a certain user, but even when I run as an administrator it doesn't work. Yes I am in bootloader and I think it might be my usb ports but I don't know if they're 1.0 or 2.0

gg7aph

Reaction score
ever find an answer to this? i'm in the same situation right now........

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you install the drivers? Also is your phone on PC mode?

There's an existing thread about the same issue. I'm moving you here for further assistance.

Last edited:

holychicken

Reaction score
I think my phone is in usb mass storage, but do you know of a way to change that? Because I can't get past the motorola logo, so if there is a way to change it through bootloader then that would be nice, but the only way I know of is through the status bar, when you can actually access the phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think my phone is in usb mass storage, but do you know of a way to change that? Because I can't get past the motorola logo, so if there is a way to change it through bootloader then that would be nice, but the only way I know of is through the status bar, when you can actually access the phone.

I'm trying to get RS members over here to assist you guys. If you're stuck at the logo however you are probably bricked.

Before you send your phone back you should try to do the sbf and if you can get into bootloader then you can probably run it. But as to specifics for your issues and running RSD Lite I don't know why your PC doesn't recognize the phone. That's why I want someone else to help you. But I had the same issue on my D2 after doing a successful sbf and I was still bricked.

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm trying to get RS members over here to assist you guys. If you're stuck at the logo however you are probably bricked.

Before you send your phone back you should try to do the sbf and if you can get into bootloader then you can probably run it. But as to specifics for your issues and running RSD Lite I don't know why your PC doesn't recognize the phone. That's why I want someone else to help you. But I had the same issue on my D2 after doing a successful sbf and I was still bricked.

Soft bricked, he still has the m so he can still flash.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Soft bricked, he still has the m so he can still flash.

Sure, he can try it. It just didn't work when I did it.