S Finder sidebar

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I got my Note 3 today and am so far enjoying it. I have a question....that half-moon shaped thing on the left-hand side (see my picture) that opens up the S Finder Sidebar or whatever it is....is there anyway to hide that or remove it? It's in the way. I guess if it isn't, I get adjusted to it...but I can, I want to. Thaks!

View attachment 71611

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
to hide it completely can be done from settings or (like i do) simply hold the back button, it will buzz then go away. to get it back hold it again. you can also move the position of the tab it you hold it for a sec the slide it where you want it. i use the multi window function a lot so ive got my tab closer to the top of the screen out my way

Last edited:

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
if i may offer advice. hold the tab for a sec an slide it about an inch from the top of your screen. its mostly out the way and it allows you easy access to split screen when needed. at first i thought the function was just a gimmick but ive found out that when your browsing the web and you receive a text, its great to be able to open the sidebar, tap messages, thus splitting the screen, and being able to read and reply to the text while keeping your browser running and view able. even better when sending a friend a link

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It is the tab for the multi window feature (download the manual, it allows for multitasking.)
To turn it off, slide the notification bar open with 2 fingers. This allows for all the options. Turn off multiwindow

OP
mboswell

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Thank you both.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk