S3 still hasn't received JB update

cyclingroks

Reaction score
Ok, so I just want to know why my phone still hasn't received Jelly Bean update. My wife and I both purchased the S3 last year in August. She already received her upgrade months ago. Mine has not and every time I try check for updates, all it tells me is, "service unavailable". Must I continue to patiently wait? Thoughts people? Thanks.

Consider yourself lucky and stick to ice cream sandwich jb has had lots of problems wish I never updated mine and stuck with good ol ics

With "service unavailable" you won't ever get the update. It should be "no updates are available". You've got a bad setting somewhere.

I used to get that error. Verizon replaced my sim card and that worked like a charm. You may want to go down to the store and show them what it's doing. I'm sure they'll give you a new sim. Then you'll be good to go.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone for the responses. I will stop by the Verizon store and have a nice talk with the reps. My wife's phone has been good since the update, I love the new features and hence, why I hate not getting the update.

I like JB. No bugs for me and the multi window is fantastic :)

I like JB. No bugs for me and the multi window is fantastic :)

Agreed. Also Google Now is great once you build it up. Always shows all kinds of cool things.

To the OP, 99% of the time you get that message only two things will fix it. SIM Card should be tried first, if not you'll probably have to call for a replacement. I've had this happen many times and not even a full reset would work. Annoying but true...

Back