S4 camera upside down

SJsRazr

Reaction score
Hello,
My husband has an s4 (I still have the s3), his camera is upside down and the pics come out upside down. If he hits the menu button the menu options also appear upside down ( is has not done this prior to today). Anyone know of a fix?

Like completely upside down or just sorta 180 (as in they're vertical when they should be horizontal, and vice versa)?

Make sure "screen rotation" toggle is on.

Never heard of that issue, on any phone, you sure he's holding it the right way?:D

If anything try clearing the cache of the camera app, see if that helps

Like completely upside down or just sorta 180 (as in they're vertical when they should be horizontal, and vice versa)?

Make sure "screen rotation" toggle is on.

Lol! That would be 90... ;) 180 is upside down! :rolleyes: Just saying... :D

Anyway, I was going to say to check to see if any camera apps were installed that he doesn't remember, but that wouldn't affect the camera menus like that. I also wonder if stopping the camera app and clearing the cache as mentioned by dezymond might fix the problem.

Also, try powering the phone off completely and starting fresh. It's amazing how many problems can be resolved by simply restarting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We powered it off then back on...nothing. Then we "restarted" it and that fixed the problem.
I have the s3 and my camera is awesome. His s4 camera seems slower (especially indoors) and it seems as though his low light shots are terrible. The s4 camera is supposed to be better...is this normal?

In my opinion.. My Note 2 took better picture than my S4 does

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

I had the s3 and now have the s4. I think my s4's camera is great and a step up from my s3.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

We powered it off then back on...nothing. Then we "restarted" it and that fixed the problem.
I have the s3 and my camera is awesome. His s4 camera seems slower (especially indoors) and it seems as though his low light shots are terrible. The s4 camera is supposed to be better...is this normal?

Take a look at Camera Zoom FX and see if it's better or faster for you. I installed the s4 camera apk on my Rezound and found the CZ app to be faster at being ready for the next shot and initial load to be as fast as the stock camera. I think there's a free trial version on the Play store .

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

The AOSP camera seems to work well as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 spoofed to GT-I9505G for Wallet purposes.. FU.... VZW

I've noticed this same thing. If I take a picture with the camera on its side, the stupid thing gets turned upside down when I view the pic and rotate the phone.

Hello,
My husband has an s4 (I still have the s3), his camera is upside down and the pics come out upside down. If he hits the menu button the menu options also appear upside down ( is has not done this prior to today). Anyone know of a fix?

For CameraZoom
Got to Settings
All Settings
Camera
Front Camera Portrait Fix

I downloaded some apps, one of them was a camera app & once I deleted all the apps & restarted my phone, my camera was back to normal.

Back