SD card problem

N4UPD

Reaction score
Had to take the wife's revolution in yesterday to Verizon to replace bad SD card.Blank SD card showed in notification bar and took it in and they replaced the card and now back to normal. Love the phone so far.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

iWordplay

Reaction score
So I tried flashing a ROM today didn't like it and restored my backup. Now I'm trying to flash new kernel and all I get is recovery saying "error mounting SD card /dev/block" something something. Now I can't flash anything. Help please.

Or is this a clockwork problem?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Have you tried flashing a different version of cwm?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, but will do.

Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Also, you should know that there is a better recovery available now - RZR. It is based on SPR. I have been using it for some time now and it is terrific. It is stable and more fully functioned than either SpRecovery or Clockwork. Here’s a link to the thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html). You download the zip, put it on the root of the sdcard and then install it with Clockwork or SPR.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
First thing is that the problem is not with CWRecovery. Second is that the old method of flashing back recovery until it takes only up to 5 seconds is no longer the case as each time you choose to flash recovery it downloads a fresh one. So now you will know if it takes if you move the 5 second rules up and don't begin the timing until the bar showing the recovery has completed filling, it will be at the top of the apps screen above the flash a recovery section.
I have run into this error before and it always dealt with there being an issue with the formatting on the partitions. For example if you accidentally reformat your ext partition with the format for the swap partition.
I would suggest giving some hot wipe action and then going to option partitions found in CWRecovery. Mount all the partitions at the top half of the list. Then go down the second half and format each partition except for sdcard as that will erase everything saved on your sdcard.
Then go back to main menu and wipe cache partition once more, after go to the bottom and select advanced and wipe dalvik and reboot to recovery found at top of advanced menu.
After you're booted back to the recovery, try to flash the zip you have been trying to flash.
I hope this will solve the issue.
If you don't mind, please report back with the results.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

iWordplay

Reaction score
So I re-flashed ce recovery. Was working fine than I got the message again. E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmclbk0 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p1)

What does this mean?

iWordplay

Reaction score
Problem still happening. Am I stuck on this Tom forever?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score