Some interesting observations on my 2nd X phone

rickreno

Reaction score
I'm on my 2nd X, 3rd battery.

First phone, first battery ordered the night they became available. Phone arrived, battery life was terrible (4-5 hours max, nothing odd running on it). Called Verizon, they sent a 2nd battery. This one worked better and would require charging every 24 hours. I assume this is normal and am happy. Then my ringer/speaker stopped working, back the phone (my wifes Droid) to Verizon.
We try various incantations/resets/voodoo stuff and they tell me they're sending me a new phone - in two days!
Almost a month goes by and my new phone arrives - it's really new and has a battery/charger/etc with it. I'm apprehensive about using a new battery, given my experiences with the first battery but I charge it and activate the phone. I download the apps I had on the original phone immediately, and set up the phone EXACXTLY the same as the original (I'd written down all the settings so I could get it right). This phone and new battery has been running 24 hours and the battery is still at 70% - I've done my usual daily stuff with it, taken/made calls, did email, some browsing, etc.
It's clear to me not all X's are created equal.

lol...its the same thing for any product. There will be some duds in there. Whenever I here ppl say their battery life is bad on the X, I recommend they try a new X.

The next few batches might have less duds. But by then...newer phones will be out. Glad to see your battery life problem is gone.

At least it keeps getting better...I have seen the threads where it just keeps going downhill ;)...LOL

24 hours and still at 70%???

You didn't use your phone that much if even at all during that 24 hours. You say you do your usual stuff. I'm guessing you may have made 2 or 3 phone calls?

I have the extended battery, and I have about 10% left on it at the end of day. I take the phone off the charger every morning after I get up.

I do actually use my phone though :)

I made 8 calls, and got 5 yesterday. Did email and some browsing while getting coffee and ran bluetooth all day. Today I've only gotten 4, made 2 - one of the calls I took lasted over 10 mins.

I use this phone quite a bit. I'm 4 hours away from 48 hours on the same charge, and I've got 50% left according to the "about phone" "status". I don't know - nor do I care what you do with your phone.

This phone is a keeper. I don't know what they changed, I can't compare the battery p/n's with the old since I Fed-Ex'd it off yesterday.

lol...its the same thing for any product. There will be some duds in there. Whenever I here ppl say their battery life is bad on the X, I recommend they try a new X.
QUOTE]

That's a bad thing to put into peoples heads, of course there are duds, but battery life is reletive to the monkey toying with the phone. With my experience people often exagerate how their phone actually performs and often expect much more than what the device is capable of. So if you tell Johnny face to get his phone exchanged because he says his battery doesn't last long, the next time he kills his battery by jamming to Coldplay on pandora for a few hours while using his google nav he will remember what you have said and compare the battery life to his lg-vx3200 and march into the nearest store to hassle someone.:icon_ banana:

With all that said, im a pretty more than average user, and I charge my phone every day. But It's a smartphone, so I expect that I will have to charge it more depending on my use.

OMG - i just went to Verixon today for the same issue
my ringer stopped working. Im getting new phone next week with 2.2
Glad to know Iam not the only one with this issue.
still love my dancedroid anyways ...

I made 8 calls, and got 5 yesterday. Did email and some browsing while getting coffee and ran bluetooth all day. Today I've only gotten 4, made 2 - one of the calls I took lasted over 10 mins.

I use this phone quite a bit. I'm 4 hours away from 48 hours on the same charge, and I've got 50% left according to the "about phone" "status". I don't know - nor do I care what you do with your phone.

This phone is a keeper. I don't know what they changed, I can't compare the battery p/n's with the old since I Fed-Ex'd it off yesterday.

Wtf? Are you serious? Phone calls must be all you do.

I was using the nav and music over bluetooth to my car while making calls texts and emails. The screen was at 100% brightness cause it was so sunny today. I was proud of my phone, it held up well to its first real challenge.

But what you're saying is a fairy tale.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I hope to be getting my X in 2 weeks. I have the D2 now and I am just not happy with the weight. I like the keyboard but it is heavy.

I was using the nav and music over bluetooth to my car while making calls texts and emails. The screen was at 100% brightness cause it was so sunny today. I was proud of my phone, it held up well to its first real challenge.

I agree. Fairy tale. Ive never heard of anyones droid x lasting 48 hours on e en the extended battery, let alone the stock battery.

I agree. Fairy tale. Ive never heard of anyones droid x lasting 48 hours on e en the extended battery, let alone the stock battery.

Not only that, he is saying he has 50% at almost 48 hrs meaning he would be able to push over 3.5 days off a single charge on the OE battery. I don't believe it unless your phone is locked on standby 95% of the day. I get like 24-30 hrs from 100-10% on the extended battery. My breakdown went as followed... 78% display, 16% voice calls, 6% standby and 2% idle, yes that equals 102% for some reason every day it does that. That was 106 texts, 26 minutes of phone calls, and a decent amount of web browsing, espn and this site. Overall i consider that average, maybe a tad above average overall use. I use above average texts but below average on calls.

Op i would love to see a screen shot or picture of your screen showing the time unplugged and percentages breakdown please, because 48 hrs with 50% left just seems dreamy to me. If its true, then its amazing.

I am on my second Droid X. The first one quit ringing. Long sessions with tech service and a trip to the Verizon store, no luck. The new one is fine. I have never had a phone that the battery lasted longer than a day. Other people who use their phone more than I do get 2-3 days on a charge. Not complaining, just keep charging.

I'm now on 3 days + 4 hours on the initial charge, battery is still showing 30%.

I'm now on 3 days + 4 hours on the initial charge, battery is still showing 30%.

Again, I'm not saying you are full of it or anything but can you take a screen shot or a picture of your screen showing the battery use screen please, it is just hard to believe and crazy if it is true. I would really love to see that picture!
Thanks!

Back