Special Announcement: Motorola Smart Actions Developer Coming to DF

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DFGHR.png

We have an exciting special announcement! A Motorola Smart Actions Developer has graciously accepted our request to come to DroidForums.net and share his wisdom and knowledge about Smart Actions. His handle on the forums will be "Smart_Actions", and he will be our resident Motorola Expert. This is absolutely fantastic news for all forum members, from the humble newbie all the way up to our most advanced devs. He will be able to offer some light direct support and generally share his expertise with us. This will obviously be a huge boon as his insider knowledge of Smart Actions and certain Motorola devices will prove invaluable. As a side benefit to him, he will be able to see more of the issues that our forum members are experiencing, and get access to some of our best ideas. This will help his team improve Smart Actions in many ways.

Please keep in mind, that he will only be able to assist in the forums in a limited capacity. He is very busy with Smart Actions Development, so any time he can share with us will be greatly appreciated and must not be monopolized. He will be spending a maximum of 10% of his time within our forums. Most of the time he will simply follow along in the threads and occasionally answer questions or offer technical advice where he sees a need for his knowledge. Sometimes, he will ask for feedback and input from our members to assist in his process. It is important for us to utilize him as a limited resource so we do not overwhelm him.

In this regard, we must set a single hard and fast rule that no one is allowed to PM him for any reason, unless he requests it. Also, if he is assisting you, please remember to share any relevant information on the model of your device. It will be inevitable that not everyone will be able to get all of their questions answered by Smart_Actions, but please don't forget that we have an amazing team of knowledgeable devs on hand right here in the forums: Our very own Rescue Squad!

We are proud and fortunate to have this opportunity, and grateful that Smart_Actions will be able to spend some time as a contributing supporter in our forums. Everyone, please give a huge welcome to our new Motorola Expert, Smart_Actions, right here on DroidForums.net!!!

Here's a link to the new Motorola Smart Actions Developer section in the forums: Motorola Smart Actions Developer Team

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Hopefully he'll provide bootloader unlock keys :biggrin:. Nice to see though nonetheless.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is great news for DF and Motorola users. Welcome "Smart Actions"

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums !! :)

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
patmw123,
How many bootloader keys do you need? just kidding.
I think we'll be needing some signed status 0 mbm and mbm-loader files ;)

On another note though, I think it'd be great to send emails or texts to my phone to do certain actions from when I am away. Like if I forgot to turn off my Wi-Fi network while I am on vacation but one of my Motorola Smart-Actions enabled devices is at home and connected to the network, it could go into the router's settings and disable the Wi-Fi, and be able to re-enable it when I send another text.

This would have to work on a code based system, similar to WheresMyDroid app. I realize I am in the minority for wanting this type of "Smart-Action", but it would help me out personally ;)

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
awesome, maybe they can also relay other little things people say on here to motorola in general, i kinda wish i had a motorola device with smart actions but oh well...this is still a great step for droidforums here...hopefully we can get someone more on the hardware side for all the major phone manufacturers or even someone who helps develop for google?

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
mattlgroff,
Ok I understand what you're wanting and this has been added to my list of suggestion. My question is why would you leave your phone at home? Or are you talking future Smart Action enabled thingies?

WheresMyDroid app seem like a nice little app

saintlikesniper,
I'm not part of product planning so I don't know if it's coming to Droid 3.