Strange problem with gallery

tlozano09

Reaction score
When i look at my pictures through my gallery, it somehow picks one of my pictures and replaces the rest of them with that picture it picked... Does that make sense?

i have no idea why it started happening but when i go into astro, i can find all of my pictures.

anybody have this issue?

This rom is wonderful by the way. Just perfect.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
A video to show the problem

[video=youtube;XSmSRT0BtiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSmSRT0BtiY[/video]
this is a video to illustrate the issue.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
When you flashed to it did you back up and put the blur gallery in it by chance (using titanium back up.... if you did there's your problem)?

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
When you flashed to it did you back up and put the blur gallery in it by chance (using titanium back up.... if you did there's your problem)?

Sent from my Liberated D2G

well i dont have titanium backup so i don't think thats possible?

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
i did a full search of my sdcard with astro and the only gallery i found was the 3d one currently installed on my phone

lancasterv3

Reaction score
Go to your dcim folder if you are using root explorer it will show hidden files if not hook it to your computer and enable "view hidden files". In the DCIM folder there is a .thumbnails, open it up and delete everything in it including the hidden files .thumbdata3-- "numbers". After this go to your gallery the first time it may take a bit to regenerate the thumbnails open and close the gallery two or three times. I do this once a week and I do not have any problems with the gallery any more. I was going through the same thing every picture was the same, pictures not loading. If you are hesitant to delete the contents make a copy of the .thumbnails folder just to be safe.

hope this helps

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Looked at the vid....wow....never had that happen.

Try a free app called SDrescan.

The only issue I've had in a gallery was when I selected a thumbnail it would open up a different picture. Using Root Explorer go to /sdcard/dcim/.thumbnails. I deleted every file in there. Then reboot or use SDrescan. A reboot is probably best. Go back to your gallery and it should be corrected.

I've these issues with my stock DX so I can't day that its ROM specific. Hope this helps.

DX on rubiX Focused 2.0.1 via DF app