The Official I Got My Galaxy S5 Thread

Congrats Jackie! Nice to hear a Moto lover enjoying their new Samsung! My significant other & I love our S5s.

tap'n on my S5

Moto just couldn't keep up with the camera for my liking. I do photography outside of my job selling phones, so it was important to me. Although I'm hearing that they made some changes to it with the next version due to a pairing with a big company that told them it's the software

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6
the fingerprint scanner works for me every time.

Sent from my Samsung S5 on Tapatalk
Hi there - do you have a cover on your phone too? i defaulted to pattern cuz it seems cover gets in the way of fingerprint scanning ability to swipe over the home button with case on. wondering if I add a glass tempered screen protector if that will help or am I destined to use a pattern [less secure]

Hi there - do you have a cover on your phone too? i defaulted to pattern cuz it seems cover gets in the way of fingerprint scanning ability to swipe over the home button with case on. wondering if I add a glass tempered screen protector if that will help or am I destined to use a pattern [less secure]
I have multiple cases, and none of them have ever interfered with using the fingerprint scanner.

I do. I have the lightweight one-piece Otter case, and a tempered glass protector. I love it, and it is open at the bottom end for the scanner and power ports. Zero interference.

Sent from my Samsung S5 on Tapatalk

I got my Galaxy S5! There it's official. My previous phone was the Droid Bionic which is still holding up well like a champ since it's launch day but I wanted something different. Back when I was waiting for the Bionic there were rumors of the Galaxy S2 coming to Verizon and I was going to get that over the Bionic but since it never came out I went with the Bionic. Now here I am 3 years later and I finally a Galaxy S series.

I'm loving it so far. The screen is huge and gorgeous! So far it trumps the Bionic in everything except for Google Navigation. On my Bionic I would type in my destination and boom off I go with voice directions but with Maps it's a few extra steps :/ Other than that it's god like :)

You got it!! Congrats. Share your thoughts here.
looking for the bloatware list for the s5 sm g900p boost version , not sprint!! can u help me

looking for the bloatware list for the s5 sm g900p boost version , not sprint!! can u help me
Most International phones do not have bloat.

My S2 died, would not boot (no screen)... old age, I think I had it for about 6 years, purchased when it was THE Samsung phone
The SIM fell apart when removed from the S2. Two new batteries in its life time
The S2 was on 24/7 when I was working ... my own business.
Now I have lost 10 years of contacts :(
I hope tethering works, I must learn how to backup Contacts etc. KIES via Wifi on the S2 was a lot of hit and miss :mad: :mad:

I agonized over what to replace the S2 with ... its a massive Pandoras box of confusion out here, I am 5 weeks shy of 73

A brand new unlocked (in original sealed packaging) 16 GB S5 at a greatly reduced price, no Samsung warranty but it comes with 12 month replacement warranty
$164 USD, £128 GBP ... $225 AUD

Already very impressed with the S5, a lot better than the S2, now she-who-must-be-obeyed wants a new S5 :rolleyes:

Just noticed I joined this forum in 2013.

Back