This is my S4 battery stats for comparison

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
This is what I get from my STOCK S4 NG6.
The cell is in airplane mode entire time, just Wi-Fi, and location turned on. This is extremely Light usage. Charges in around 1.5 hours.

b3159a65d39488918c195d27f3e59573.jpg

9f09fe6471819bb4f700d62764527c30.jpg

Last edited:
What's your screen on time?

Are you still on the original battery as well?

Screen was on 5 hours! Original battery.

1 year old

Not bad, but since it's in Airplane mode and light use I thought it would last longer. Considering one of the main weaknesses of Samsung devices are the weak radios, that greatly effects battery life.

The MAX I have seen is 2 days, in solid standby! With my usual usage, I get 14-16 hours of life, I don't even use power saver that often

On my next charge, I am gonna run it in power saver the entire time

On my last phone (Bionic) I used Juice Defender Ultimate to turn radios off when not needed, and other measures. It usually worked, but at times it would fail to turn radios on so I would occasionally have to manually turn them on or reboot to get it straightened out. Very inconvenient if you're expecting an important Email or notification - or you just want to Google something. When I went to my S4 it lasted much longer than the Bionic did with the extended battery, so I didn't run Juice Defender and I don't miss the inconvenience. I'd rather do extra charging than have to hobble it by disabling radios just to get more run time.

Back