Tips to Help Improve Battery Life on ThunderBolt

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Yeah now go where it say other usage and press the arrow and click on partial wake it will tell what's running constantly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Zamboni59

Reaction score
I have done most of the suggestions that where posted on Page 1 of this thread. I am starting to get more battery life already! Love the phone. The display sucks A LOT of battery. But, I love the big screen. I switched from a Blackberry and will not go back. Hopefully this Thunderbolt will last? So I have to charge it once a day. No big deal. I have a charger at my desk and in my car. This phone rocks.

Mendon Mafia

Reaction score
i got about 12 hours out of mine today under what i consider normal use. running mobile, wifi (good signal), google locator, 20% brightness switching to auto later in the day, slacker for a little bit, phone calls 32min total, checked email about 50 times, a couple texts, calculating a lot, fbook, basically everything i would do in a normal long day of work, i only used my laptop for a few seconds today. fyi the calls accounted for about 20% drain and the screen was 57% iirc, the next was 5% but i cant remember what it was.

Im happy with the battery now, I think there is a break in period for these phones both in the battery itself and since it is sending/receiving a lot of data in the early stages syncing all your accounts and what not. I have been draining my battery completely and fully charging everyday since i got it March 23th, except for the first 2 days where I only drained to about 5% then plugged in. I think this helps, i also bump charged about 3 days ago and that seemed to help too but it bay have just been because of the complete cycle from completely dead to full multiple times. I will see if there is any improvement tomorrow.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Im happy with the battery now, I think there is a break in period for these phones both in the battery itself and since it is sending/receiving a lot of data in the early stages syncing all your accounts and what not. I have been draining my battery completely and fully charging everyday since i got it March 23th, except for the first 2 days where I only drained to about 5% then plugged in. I think this helps, i also bump charged about 3 days ago and that seemed to help too but it bay have just been because of the complete cycle from completely dead to full multiple times. I will see if there is any improvement tomorrow.

Agreed on all these points. Ive been purposes draining mine completely and recharging it complete for the past few days. I tried the extended battery for a day and a half, but I found it unacceptably huge and bulky.

Think Im up to about 5-6 full recharging cycles on the stock battery so far.. With very light use, Im up to 16+ hours tonight and 43% left tonight. This is good considering the phone was easily dead within 8 hours when I first got it with this same amount of light use.

I do have "always on mobile data" unchecked and have the phone set to LTE Mode only.

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

Z06_Mir

Reaction score

Agreed on all these points. Ive been purposes draining mine completely and recharging it complete for the past few days. I tried the extended battery for a day and a half, but I found it unacceptably huge and bulky.

Think Im up to about 5-6 full recharging cycles on the stock battery so far.. With very light use, Im up to 16+ hours tonight and 43% left tonight. This is good considering the phone was easily dead within 8 hours when I first got it with this same amount of light use.

I do have "always on mobile data" unchecked and have the phone set to LTE Mode only.

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

Good to see your improved times! I'm assuming you're a fellow z06 owner too :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

obidos

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]23.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Battery meter accuracy – go to data/system and delete[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT][FONT=&quot]batterystats.bin[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]after you have charged your phone to 100%[/FONT]

sorry for the noob question but where do I go to delete this? I've looked in all the settings options and cannot locate "data/system"

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]23.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Battery meter accuracy – go to data/system and delete[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT][FONT=&quot]batterystats.bin[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]after you have charged your phone to 100%[/FONT]

sorry for the noob question but where do I go to delete this? I've looked in all the settings options and cannot locate "data/system"

Are you rooted?

obidos

Reaction score

Are you rooted?

no. I guess thats why I can't find it.

MailboxHead

Reaction score
So I'm at 1 day and 15 minutes since unplugged. One battery widget has me at 20%, the other at 36%, and the phone has 4 units green when I check HTC’s battery level. Use was maybe a little less than I would normally use it, but I played more games on it last night, streamed some videos this morning, and went online for a bit to try and even it out.

My cheat? I'm running it on 3G. I know this is a 4G phone, but I can't take the battery kill, and it's really reassuring to me that it will last a day w/o 4G. I’m sure there’s more than can be done, but after incorporating every other non-rooting technique (I just know I’ll brick it) with minimal luck, this is what did it for me (and thanks to everyone for all the posts and widget recommendations – Network is a great app for 3G/4G).

I like having the 4G for situations where I'm making a hotspot or tethering but I'll have power to plug in to 99% of the time in those situations, and for me the 3G for battery life trade-off is worth it. The big draws on this phone (for me) were that it was 1.) Talk and surf, which I can do on 3G and 2.) I prefer the camera interface over my Incredible.

Usage details:
Display - 56%
Guns'n'Glory (game) - 15%
Cell Standby - 11%
Phone Idle - 9%
Voice Calls - 4%
Android System - 3%
Mediaserver - 2%

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Good to see your improved times! I'm assuming you're a fellow z06 owner too :)

Yea, but I "only" have a C5 Z06 :(

Wouldn't ever considered a c5z subpar. I do love my c6 but Birgit wrong with the C5.

Today I've been using it heavily cause I'm reading A book on my Kindle app. I'm down 20% in 1. 5th hours. Oh well.

Capt.D

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They have a couple of short cut apps out 4G LTE Settings is one