TouchWiz

VOATMJ1

Reaction score
Updated to the latest Android version and now I cannot add shortcuts to my desktop, as Touchwiz keeps crashing. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you getting a popup, or how do you know that TouchWiz is crashing?

Sounds like you could benefit from a Factory Reset to tidy up after the update. You could try booting into recovery and wiping that cache partition before that.

OP
V

VOATMJ1

Reaction score
Are you getting a popup, or how do you know that TouchWiz is crashing?

Sounds like you could benefit from a Factory Reset to tidy up after the update. You could try booting into recovery and wiping that cache partition before that.
Yes, I get a pop up screen that says "Unfortunately TouchWiz home has stopped" and then the entire home screen goes black and then comes back on. This only happened when I updated to the new Lollipop
version.

OP
V

VOATMJ1

Reaction score
I agree. Whenever my S4 was updated, an fdr always cured the update ills.
I did not do a FULL factory data reset, I did the second option and did a "UI/System reset" that the phone offered, and that did the trick, with all of my stuff still intact! So now everything is working as it should.

N

Neoart01

I did the second option and did a "UI/System reset" that the phone offered, and that did the trick, with all of my stuff still intact! So now everything is working as it should.
My update tonight is having the same issue - try to move any icon on Hm Screens - TouchWiz crash alert.

I Did shut it down - Pulling Battery - made no difference.

This "UI/System reset" that you tried, that the phone offered?
I checked TouchWiz home in Application Manager, not much there.

I did find a Reset after Firmware update file on hand. Not sure I can handle the steps necessary, where it deletes everything & resets the OS.
But this Firmware update also removed My Computer file app. I used it a lot to move images to SD card.
Correction- they moved it out of Hm screen folder back to app group.

Thanks Always
iPad /Tapatalk - has horrible formatting.

Last edited by a moderator: