[Updated] Motorola XOOM Available in February and Should Get LTE Upgrade in Q2

Dan_08

Reaction score
Oops I might have spoken to soon.
Why can't people under stand that a dual core CPU clocled at 1Ghz is a 1Ghz processor. Its NOT 1Ghz from one core #1 plus 1Ghz from core #2 equals 2Ghz total.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

Isn't that exactly what a 1ghz dual core is?? 2 cores of 1ghz each? At least that's what I read...

Either way this is the Tablet I've been waiting for. Turned down the iPad for christmas cause I was waiting on something good from Moto.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Oops I might have spoken to soon.
Why can't people under stand that a dual core CPU clocled at 1Ghz is a 1Ghz processor. Its NOT 1Ghz from one core #1 plus 1Ghz from core #2 equals 2Ghz total.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

Isn't that exactly what a 1ghz dual core is?? 2 cores of 1ghz each? At least that's what I read...

Either way this is the Tablet I've been waiting for. Turned down the iPad for christmas cause I was waiting on something good from Moto.

It is 1GHz in each core, but it doesn't necessarily make it 2GHz. Theoretically you can say its 2GHz, but in execution its just two cores running at 1GHz each.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yes that's what a dual core processor is. I misread the OP, it states 2Ghz total processing power which is correct... well sort of. The only thing is that its a 1Ghz procesor and it will only run at 1Ghz max speed. This is not including any kernel adjustments to allow for faster clock speeds.

BTW I am thinking about getting rid of my laptop and getting this as a replacement. I will just need a keyboard and a stand.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dan_08

Reaction score
Yes that's what a dual core processor is. I misread the OP, it states 2Ghz total processing power which is correct... well sort of. The only thing is that its a 1Ghz procesor and it will only run at 1Ghz max speed. This is not including any kernel adjustments to allow for faster clock speeds.

BTW I am thinking about getting rid of my laptop and getting this as a replacement. I will just need a keyboard and a stand.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I've been so excited about the tablet I didn't even think about that....OC'd to dual 1.5 Ghz...my macbook will be available on craigslist!

ghoticov

Reaction score
If it has a contract or monthly fee attached to it, I may go another route. I have been looking forward to this and have, like others, turned down getting the Ipad in hopes to get the Xoom. Why can't they just make a Wi-Fi only version with no monthly fee? Ugh.

y0manda

Reaction score
Motorola failed on this if they release a 3g/wifi only version. Like we all need another contract LOL

stevebucknor1

Reaction score
The Motorola XOOM Tablet should start showing up in Verizon stores in Q1 of this year. We've shared some info about the dual-core chip and Honeycomb powered XOOM previously, but here are some juicier details. The XOOM will come with the following specs: 10.1-inch 1280×800 resolution display Dual-core chip with 2 GHz of total processing power 2MP front facing camera. It is really amazing and outstanding.

soulpatch

Reaction score
Well it will be an amazing thing left on the racks should they only sell units with contracts. I know I refuse to buy into another contract to have a tool I will use mainly at home, friends home, or other wifi area....

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score
Ok. I read somewhere yesterday that the first release won't have an SD card slot, but it will be added later in the Q2 release. I was under the impression that the display model at CES didn't have a slot, but the real deal will (in the Q1 release in Feb.) Anyone know what the scoop on this is?

y0manda

Reaction score
Motorola needs to grow a set of balls and stop being so dependant on wireless carriers to do their advertising for them. I will refuse to get the overpriced 3g version when all I need it for would be around the house. If I need internet access on the road I will use my droid phone,i mean isn't that why I already have a $200/month phone bill?

Sent from my Droid

soulpatch

Reaction score
I woudl still go to VZW to buy the wifi only version so they can still make their money but I have NO need for 3G on the tablet. If anything I will pay a few bucks if traveling for that month to get the hot spot feature on my phone so as to have wifi on the road...

Dan_08

Reaction score
I think i would be more surprised if they offered a Wi-fi only rather than the 3g models.... why not make as much money on it as possible, Android is open source not Motorola.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
because they're thinking about the long run and business relationships; trying to make as much money for both Verizon and Moto, which would be to not offer a wifi only where Verizon loses out... unless they're going to bundle it with the mifi's

Last edited:

soulpatch

Reaction score
It could drive sales of the mifi.

Irregardless if someone does nto want it for th econtract they are not going to buy it so they will lose that sector of sales. If they offer it they glean a short term and small profit but a profit nontheless. Plus it drives people into their stores to buy it as well as docks, cases, warranties, ect that are more money makers for VZ.