USB not showing up when plugged into Mac???

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
I realize the Note 2 is MTP I have Android File Transfer for it.

When I connect my new Galaxy Note 2 to the computer it does not show anything? Even when selecting either MTP or PTP mode.
Any help?

Reaction score
I too have had this same problem :( I've had to resort to using a micro sd card and moving files from that to the internal memory. 'Tis lame but that's kind of my solution. I have yet to discover anything else. Oh! Before I forget! Try Kies....Keis....KEES? It's wireless and it works great for me as well. I too have a Mac.

OP
CuriousRaven

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
Yeah I tried Kies it is alright but when wanting to move like 4gb USB so much easier.
Damn Samsung even when im in MTP or PTP mode it does not bring anything up, even after uninstalling Kies from my mac. So Frustrating..

OP
CuriousRaven

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
ForumRunner_20130112_120438.png

Even after downloading that suggested app it did nothing. I actually got a popup message this time though. I have android file transfer and it is the newest version as well, samsung should of just used mass storage.

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
I realize the Note 2 is MTP I have Android File Transfer for it.

When I connect my new Galaxy Note 2 to the computer it does not show anything? Even when selecting either MTP or PTP mode.
Any help?

The same thing happened to me with my iMac & Bionic. After a bunch of different app downloads, it turned out to be my usb itself. Just a thought.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Droid Forums

MTBryan

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I'm running Mountain Lion.
I can't get Android File Transfer or Keis to work either. I finally got WellFTP Sever working well. I'm sure other apps will be available soon.

geoff5093

Reaction score
No problems here using MTP and Android File Transfer on my MBP running 10.8.