Verizon Officially Announces new Android Phone - Motorola Devour

choklitcow

Reaction score
Verizon needed a mid-ranged droid. Was shocked to see its size though. I assumed it would be quite compact, yet even though its screen is relatively small its larger than the nexus 1.

Lot of people spewing "ew it sucks/droid rules" rhetoric in defense and partial fear of their recent large acquisition, however I don't think they have anything to worry about. From its marketing to its opening version of android it appears to be sold as a lesser phone. however, depending on its specs, future upgrades/rooting may make this phone quite interesting. Plus, the more I read about blur the more I like it. Wouldn't mind Blur.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Loust color, will show light scratches big time.

Looks like a possible better slider design for the unit, or just the same as we have, just in the middle. Time will tell.

Trackpad, hmmm... possibly a good thing, time again will tell.

Overall a nice unit, I'm sure whoever gets it will like it.

Won't hurt our Droids a bit, it's a "weaker" version which will hopefully be priced accordingly.

Not everyone can afford a Droid like all of us ...

souljerr

Reaction score
Looks to sit between the Droid and Eris. Good way to capture the market in my opinion. People who buy this probably aren't going to be concerned with the fact that it's 1.6...

PhDCow

Reaction score
I can think of two or three people who would jump at this one. They like my Droid but don't want all of the whistles and bells.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
I dig it.

I see it as a more user friendly/social networking whore phone, than an all out powerhouse that the Droid is.

zero7starz

Reaction score
Man I'm going to have to sell that thing? Uhg. I really don't like MotoBlur. HTC Sence was cool in idea, but nothing beats the Vanilla Android system. Come on guys, stop trying to get your finger in the cake with this -_-

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually like this little brother of the Droid, The only think I don't like visually speaking is the keyboard and the positioning of that optical trackpad thing. Other wise I think it's a solid device! I wouldn't mind Moto-Blur from what I've read about it. But if your still paying for the $30 smartphone data plan I still think the Droid is a better value just for the hardware. But if it's a lot cheaper then I think a lot of people would actually like this.

Taurus

Reaction score
New phone already!!, where in hell :icon_ devil: is 2.1 for the driod?!?!? Oh wait! 2.1 is not that much of an improvent anyways I should have stayed with :blackberry:.

R E M Y

Reaction score
.. .. I think ill be sticking with my droid. That phone is ugly, and I'm fine without moto blur:)

RLJSlick

Reaction score

NVash

Reaction score
I like it. If they souped it up to have better tech specs than the Droid Id be on it in a minute... two years from now.