Verizon update for the Spectrum out

jet

Reaction score
i just received notification for a system update. It is not ICS.

Has anyone installed it? Does it effect root?

I just installed it. I'm not rooted but my install went fine. The download was quick on LTE; about a minute.

The update didn't automatically start. It sits there in the 'software update' menu waiting for you to click 'apply'. That's good cuz I needed to change my battery first.

It took about 10 minutes to apply the update. For a while I thought it was frozen, but it worked.

I didn't get a notification. I manually checked. But I check twice a day, so it was a pleasant surprise to see it. It did fix my browser issue.

Now, we can look forward to ICS.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Droid Forums

Nervous moment....

I needed to power down, remove the battery, install the battery, and power up, before I could get a data connection.

It kinda freaked me out as I could get e-mail, and send texts, but no internet, YouTube, or NetFlix. Simply power cycling did not work. I was worried that I would need to reset the phone, but that was not the case.

Got the OTA just a few min ago, can't see much diff, Bing is gone, yeah!
Does seem snappier, but that is to be expected after a system flush.
Now for ICS update and then a custom ROM. :biggrin:

I installed the update. Took about 10 minutes. No changes to my having root permissions. Everything seems to work. The browser is faster than I recall, but I've not used it for months (I use Firefox). Frozen apps remain frozen, although they were updated.

Back