Wallpaper Help

JRatt

Reaction score
I downloaded a Wallpaper off the internet specifically made for my phone. When I try to set it as my wallpaper it forces me to crop it. That wouldn't be bad but it keeps it in a perfect box, which as you know the droid screen is not.

Anyway for me not to have to crop this picture? It's already the perfect size

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
If its already "the perfect size" then just expand the cropping box to the farthest point out.

OP
JRatt

JRatt

Reaction score
Can't

Like I said the crop box stays in a perfect square. I max out the horizontal part but it wont let me go vertically any farther

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you sure its a perfect square or is it semi rectangular. If the cropbox doesn't match the dimentions of the pic then the pic isn't made to the right specs.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Are you sure its a perfect square or is it semi rectangular. If the cropbox doesn't match the dimentions of the pic then the pic isn't made to the right specs.

Correct, if the wallpaper you downloaded had the proper dimensions then the box would fill it completely. If it comes up short on one side then it isn't the right dimensions, double check the size.

OP
JRatt

JRatt

Reaction score
I don't think I am explaining myself very well

When I open up the picture in the gallery it fits the screen perfectly. Then when I try to set it as my wallpaper it forces me to crop it. The crop box remains in a perfect square when I try to adjust the size. So if I try to make it bigger vertically it also expands horizontally. Once the crop box is as wide as the picture, it no longer lets me make the box taller.

Does that help explain it better?

Also since it forces me to crop the picture to a perfect square, it then cuts off the sides of the picture since my phone isn't a perfect square.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what i'm saying. The dimensions at which the phone sets the wallpaper are fixed otherwise if you set your own dimensions the wallpaper would either be stretched out or not cover the whole screen. Ergo if the crop box is not the same dimensions as the picture then the picture is not the appropriate dimensions.

OP
JRatt

JRatt

Reaction score
Okay maybe I'm not understanding you then.
The crop box is not the same dimension as my phones screen, which makes no sense to me. My phones screen is rectangular and the crop box is square

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's because your phone has multiple home screens and they scroll with the wallpaper. So the dimensions of the wallpaper are not the dimensions of the screen but the dimensions of how much it needs to scroll.

OP
JRatt

JRatt

Reaction score
YES! That's it!

Thanks for the help. Guess I'll just have to live with it... But now knowing that it doesn't bother me as much

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad I could clarify. On this website somewhere there is a place where you can download appropriate sized wallpapers, I just can't remember where.